OverviewUSAID Boresha Afya – Southern Zone in collaboration with respective RHMTs and CHMTs aims to strengthen facility index case testing, enrollment on ART. improve retention and improve HIV Viral Load monitoring. The program intends to bring on board 48 competent data improvement staff to work in the field to support 208 high volume health facilities (52 Iringa. 53 Njombe. 43 Morogoro. 26 Lindi and 34 Mtwara).
Read Also:The temporary staff will be working with other program staff and health care workers at the health facilities while observing the scope of work and application of National Data Reporting Systems and Protocols.
NEW JOBS OPPORTUNITIES (876+ POSTS)
Position: CLINICAL/DATA INTERNS (48 posts)
Location: IRINGA (11), NJOMBE (12), MOROGORO (10). LINDI (7), MTWARA (8) Duration of the assignment: The assignment will last for the period of 90 days (expected
start date will be August 1, 2018, and end date will be 30th October 2018)
Scope of WorkTemporary staffs will be attached with facility healthcare workers (HCW) and USAID
Boresha Afya Regional teams and they will have the following responsibilities;
- Work with the available Data Clerks in the facilities to ensure that all the data entry of patient files is up to date and complete clearing of all CTC data entry backlog.
- Audit entry of patient visits and status table done by Data Clerks for all CTC2 cards.
- Work with Health Care Workers at the facility to make sure all CTC2 cards fields are filled properly and together develop structured data filling workflow at each health facility.
- Assist Health Care Workers to identify clients eligible for HVL testing, filling in request forms and color code the files for easy identification.
- Assist Health Care Workers to identify clients with high HVL for Enhanced Adherence Counselling (EAC), trace and offer EAC and follow for 2nd HVL test.
- Work with the Data Clerks to ensure that all HVL results are properly documented in the client’s card and entered into CTC2 database. (Update all HVL results into CTC2 database.)
- Work and support the Health Care Workers to identify eligible sexual partners and biological children for HIV testing (Index Case Testing) to ensure proper documentation of index clients is done.
- Ensure proper documentation of CTC2 cards
- Work with the Health Care Workers in identifying all biological children and sexual partners in the HTS register/index register for the month of April. May. June. July. August and September 2018.
- Work with health workers to separate the index clients from the VCT clients.
- Support site Health Care Workers to arrange patient files systematically as per national guidelines (Active patients vs Dead. TO. LTFUs)
- Support extraction of Patients ID for retention of 9 months cohort: LTF’s and missed appointments from the CTC2 database and Appointment registers to share with CBHS focal person for tracking.
- Support Health Care Providers to identify the list of eligible sexual partners and biological children of HIV positive female for HIV testing (Index Case Testing). The list will be enumerated from TX_New from Oct 2017 to date and among the index cases with high viral load and their contacts have not been reached.
- Assist m sorting of all eligible patients who have not been initiated on ART, conduct the telephone tracking or organize physical tracking with PLHIV volunteers for initiation of ART.
- Assist Health Care Providers to conduct index case testing during weekdays and weekends. The testing will be conducted at the facility or community setting depending on the index client’s requirement.
- Assist Health Care Workers to identify clients eligible for HVL testing, filling in request forms, color code the files for easy identification, and assist in collecting HVL samples.
- Assist Health Care Workers to identify clients with high HVL for EAC. trace and offer EAC, assist in proper documentation and conduct follow up for the collection of 2nd HVL test.
- Assist Health Care Workers to implement various Service Delivery Models (SDM) through sorting files of stable patients per current HIV guideline and assist the health care workers to organize patient’s appointment per the stable patient’s status.
NEW JOBS OPPORTUNITIES (876+ POSTS)
- Recognized education in Clinical Medicine. Nursing. Statistics. Health Informatics. Public Health or related disciplines with an advanced diploma or first degree:
- Degree in Medicine will be a plus
- HIV counseling skills will be of an added advantage
- Good computer literacy
- Working experience in a health facility setting with good knowledge of HIV interventions and tools used
How to apply:Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees.
Applications should be submitted by 25th July 2018, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH’s Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.J2