Timber Market Development Project Manager Jobs
OverviewSound and Fair Tanzania Ltd is a wood processing company producing timber and wooden products for tanzanian and international markets. The company supports their sustainable management of tanzania's forests through the purchase of logs from FSC certified Village Land Forests Reserves and provides development revenue for village communities.
Responsibilities and LocationThe successful applicant will be responsible for the supervision of a timber market development project reporting directly to the managing director, with other reporting exprecte to additional director. S/he will be based at the Sound and Fair Head Office in Kilwa Masoko, Linid Region, but will travel regularly to project initiatives in Dar es Salaam and the company’s sawmill in Nanjirinhi village, Lindi Region.
- Identify suitable locations in dar es salaam for timber depot and products shop;
- Setup timber depot and products shops including shopfitting, branding and decoration ;
- Research wood products market and assist with development of product range;
- Supervise timber depot and products shop assistants
- Liaise with sawmill managers to ensure stock levels are maintained;
- Marketing and promotion of timber and products in key markets including newspaper and radio advertising and direct buyer networking;
- Liaise with SOund and Fair international sales and marketing team;
- Financial management of timber depot and products shops;
- Write monthly reports on progress of all project aspects
- Liaise with Finance Manager on quarterly financial reports;
- Report to and meet with project stakeholders on periodic basis;
- Assist with writing end of project reports
- Manage end of project stakeholder workshop to share project lessons and findings;
- Assists with tree selection, harvesting and extraction and wood processing of selected project species
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years experience in business sales or marketing ideally with retail experience
- The successful applicant will be a natural salesperson, capable of meeting deadlines and targets and with the ability to network and develop good relationships within the business with clients and other stakeholders
- A holder of at least a degree in business or marketing related studies
How to ApplyEmail us with your introductory letter and CV at email@example.com.
Deadline for this application is 30th July 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.