2 Male Circumcision Technical Managers
DescriptionWhy Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(1100+ POSTS)
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named ToharaPlus
Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Job Details IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in the two (2) positions of Technical Manager for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project.
These positions will be based in Kagera region.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
4 Male Circumcision Technical Advisors Jobs TOHARA Plus Project
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in the Technical Advisor positions for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. Three positions will be based in Mwanza and one position will be based in Kagera.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Technical Advisor is to provide assistance both programmatic and in clinical direction in implementation and scale up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) and Early Infant Male Circumcision activities in supported regions within IntraHealth scope of work, so as to achieve the greatest coverage and impact as possible. The Technical Advisor reports to the Technical Manager.
- Provide technical support, mentoring and supervision to implementing partners in the area of VMMC/EIMC services and other HIV prevention interventions and ensuring quality improvement and quality assurance in delivering VMMC services.
- Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC activities and ensuring National and PEPFAR/CDC country VMMC/EIMC targets are met.
- Provide technical assistance and organize and deliver training, seminars/workshops on MC quality assurance tools and techniques.
- Develop work plan for day-to-day program implementation at the regional and district level including supervision at field level.
- Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipment’s and consumables for VMMC services in all static as well as mobile and outreach VMMC facilities.
- Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/CDC, Government of Tanzania and IntraHealth protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
- Maintain up-to date statistics and projects data for the Project's performance reporting.
- Maintain regular communications with MOHCDGEC/NACP and undertake special assignments from the MOHCDGEC/NACP and other partners.
- Participate in preparing annual work plans, budgets, performance reports and quarterly reports.
- Provide technical assistance and monitor MC quality assurance activities, and progress related to impact and sustainability of interventions.
- Support incorporation of VMMC activities into CCHPs for sustainability purposes
- Write reports, success stories, technical briefs, abstracts for presentations, and updates on the on-going implementation of VMMC services
- Medical degree or related qualification in Medical science with clinical experience in Tanzania. Masters of public health will be an added advantage
- Minimum three years’ experience in developing and implementing HIV/AIDS programs, especially those related to HIV Testing and Counseling, Male Circumcision, quality assurance, treatment and care interventions required.
- Strong supervisory and planning skills and experience coordinating a variety of activities in a timely prioritized manner;
- Experience as trainer with a strong track record of implementing training strategies and programs.
- Experience of working with Regional and district health officials. Working with local government officials and government health facilities desired.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse stakeholders and to work independently while being a member of a team
- Ability to work an irregular schedule on occasion with the ability to travel frequently and on short notice.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills, Swahili fluency preferred;
- Strategic Thinking: Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for IntraHealth while recognizing, anticipating and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Effective Communication: Understanding and ability to apply effective communication, and marketing concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors to an internal and external audience.
- Client Relationship Management: Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs (internally and externally) and maintain partnering and productive relationships during engagements, including influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, and managing new relationships.
- Technical Writing and Documentation: Knowledge of public health technical language and ability to write and/or support proposal writing and project development activities. Ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documents including the development of project milestones.
4 Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidates to fill in the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Positions for IntraHealth Tohara Plus Project. One position will be based in Kagera and three positions will be based in Mwanza.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us
The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting the project in designing and implementing VMMC M&E activities for the IntraHealth International under the leadership of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. In close consultation with the M&E Manager, the M&E Officer will ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with the GoTZ, CDC, and other implementers. H/She will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting and evaluation. The M&E Officer will help identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches for the programs and with support from the M&E Manager disseminate overall results to project stakeholders. These positions report to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
- Assist M&E Manager to develop, implement THPP monitoring and evaluation activities
- Ensure effective implementation of the Tohara Plus Project monitoring and evaluation plan for the VMMC programs. This will include collection of all relevant data, management of the information, and using it in preparation of required periodic reports
- In consultation with M&E Manager, propose priorities for project assessments, operational researches and evaluations related VMMC and coordinate the implementation of researches and field assessment.
- Collaborate on the development of supervisory and quality assurance tools
for VMMC clinical services.
- Build the capacity of health care workers at the facilities implementing VMMC and ensure accurately and timely collection of monthly reports.
- Complete data analysis and reports: Enter and analyze quantitative and qualitative data according to the needs of the team and project stakeholders
- Work together with M&E Manager to develop quarterly project reports, annual project reports, PEPFAR Semi Annual and Annual Progress Report
- Collect, document and disseminate best practices and lesson learned from the implementation of VMMC clinical services
- Prepare routine reports, presentations, brochures, project summary sheets, newsletters, highlights, project abstracts and other publications as required by the project.
- Update program communications materials periodically.
- Travel to sites to provide direct technical support on data quality assurance, management and utilization.
Bachelor degree in Epidemiology or statistics or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good understanding of HIV/AIDS care and prevention strategies and in particular VMMC and programs.
- Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and Professional team in the Tanzanian health sector
- Knowledgeable about basic statistics (descriptive statistics, anova, multiple regression)
- Ability to analyze information and evaluation results for planning.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative data analysis, data management and report writing.
- Strong conceptual ability and writing skills
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili required;
- Be prepared to travel, up to 30% of work time, in support of project activities within the country and periodically internationally
- Experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation techniques, procedures, and protocols in a USG-funded project
- At least 2 years of proven Monitoring and Evaluation experience preferably in the field of Health and/or HIV/AIDS
- Experience in questionnaire development (including testing for reliability and validity)
- Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health
- Demonstrated experience in working and collaborating with USG, other donors, and other funded organizations
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Supply Chain Assistant
IntraHealth International Tanzania office is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill in theSupply Chain Assistant
Position for IntraHealth ToharaPlus
Project.The position will be based in Kagera.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of usPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Count stock levels in the IntraHealth’s Stock areas and produce reports.
- Pick and pack Stock for distribution to VMMC static and outreach sites
- Keep the IntraHealth Stock areas organized, tidy and correctly labeled.
- Liaise regularly with the department managers in regards to their Stock needs.
- Inventory, Receiving and Delivery
- Unpack, check, label, split into delivery units and store all stock and other items as directed.
- Ensure stock rotation.
- Checking stock regularly at VMMC sites and ensure proper stock documentation
- Obtain confirmation signatures where necessary.
- Receive, accept and unload all deliveries.
- Monitoring stocks levels and establish reorder levels and keep updated stock bin card.
- Tracking of items from warehouse to service delivery point.
- Overseeing arrival of shipments, supervise off-loading.
- Provide assistance and advice on stock issues to all IntraHealth management and staff.
- Participate in on-going quality improvement and accreditation activities as required;
- Performs duties in accordance with IntraHealth policies, guidelines and relevant legislation.
- Diploma or Advance diploma in Logistics , materials management or business administration.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of professional experience in a related field
- Proven skill in working successfully in a highly organized and systematic manner in a Service focused and busy environment.
- Good written & verbal communication skills including the use of e-mail.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in warehousing and/or logistics.
- Proven understanding of “just in time” and min/max stock control principles.
- Proven ability to use initiative, self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Proven commitment to providing an efficient, helpful and friendly service to customers.
- Proven ability to successfully undertake complex tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
- Problem Solving