Technical Officer Adherence Project Jobs
KNCV Tuberculosis FoundationKNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the first deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB. We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands, a regional office in Central Asia and country offices worldwide. KNCV raises funds from private, institutional, corporate, and government donors. KNCV’s main funding source is the USAID funded Challenge TB project, which is also implemented in 22 countries.
NEW LIST OF OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(144+ POSTS)
BackgroundIn Tanzania, more than 75% tuberculosis patients opt for home-based DOT and are supported by a family or community member. However, this approach is difficult to implement in mobile populations like artisanal miners, resulting in lower treatment success rates in mining-heavy districts.
Under TB REACH Wave 6 funding, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, The Tanzanian National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Programme (NTLP) and Everwell Heath Solutions will
Implement a demonstration project of 99DOTS, an mHealth solution for improved monitoring of patient treatment adherence that also enables automatic prioritization of at-risk patients for healthcare worker follow up.
The proposed 18-month demonstration project will assess practicalities, scalability and impact of implementation of 99DOTS adherence technology. Implementation will take place in Geita, Simanjiro, Kahama and Chunya districts.
The position will be based in Geita region and will require travel to other project district.
Organizational positionThe Technical Officer reports to the Technical Coordinator.
Purpose of the positionAs Technical Officer at KNCV you will:
- Support activities around technical configuration and implementation of adherence technology solution
- Support engagement with local health system officials in regards to service delivery, supply chain, ICT, and mining sector departments
- Act as point of contact for districts, health facilities, and fieldworkers, coordinating project support as needed
- Provide first line technical support to facility managers and field workers (basic troubleshooting, coordination of external tech support as needed)
- Coordinate with the selected service provider(s) to facilitate management of adherence technology ecosystem (includes app, dashboard, phone lines, etc.)
- Support planning and facilitation of training and workshops
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and workshops
- Conduct monthly district/facility visits to monitor and support technology implementation (includes travel to other project sites)
- Prepare reports on data collected via the adherence technology platform
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant degree in public health, project management, IT systems, or other related fields
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in implementing and/or use of technology solutions
- (Preferably) Experience working on health-related projects
- (Preferably) Knowledge of the artisanal mining sector
- Affinity with mobile technologies
- Experience providing technical support and/or background in IT
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders at local community, district, and regional levels.
- Strong communicator to partners & stakeholders at all levels
- Strong computer skills and knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and Kiswahili;
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Service-minded towards partners and stakeholders and with a flexible attitude
What does the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offers
- KNCV offers you a full-time contract for a period of 15 months,
- An informal work atmosphere where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme;