Project Officer- Energy Officer
Description: Relief to development Society (REDESO) is a National Non-Governmental Organization (NNGO) whose vision is “A community where refugees and other vulnerable people have access to equal opportunities”. It has head office in Dar es Salaam and field offices in Kibondo, Kishapu and Ngara district. In partnership with UNHCR and Oxfam has the following Job vacancies which demand patriotic, dedicated and qualified nationals to fill the vacancy.
An Officer at this level will be in charge of the following fields; Biogas; Biomass conversion technologies (Kiln & gasifies); Fuel wood, Households and Institutional energy conversation (Alternative Energy)
Read Also: NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(1200+ POSTS)
- Be familiar with renewable energy and alternative energy
- Be familiar with Energy efficiency in the domestic context
- Gathering and evaluation of data and preparing a range of energy use and performance reports
- Assist in preparing the specification and tender documents for tender processes associated with newenergy projects and programmes.
- Manage energy projects through to completion and ensure conditions of associated funds are met
- Experience of working in an energy and renewable energy projects function
- Strong analytical and reporting skills to identify anomalous data and discover the reasons driving change.
- Provision of clear, concise reports and advice to donors and Project Coordinator and energy management matters.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in energy, carbon management, negotiation and provision of advice on all types of property.
- Carry out feasibility studies in regard to technical and basic financial aspects for Energy Efficiency and biomass briquettes
- Be proficient with MS office especially Excel and Word
- Be familiar with project management techniques
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Have basic business development skills
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Holder of a Bachelor of Science in Renewable Energy Engineering.
- Demonstrates solid technical knowledge and experience in the field of renewable energy.
- At least two years of related working experience in related field in a reputable organization
- Field experience is mandatory and familiarity with other renewable energy technologies is key.
- Previous experience in Renewable energy business and related sales experience is an added advantage such as Solar Water Heating Systems among others.
- Excellent understanding of the renewable energy sector.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Good Networking Skills.
Submit your updated CV, copies of certificates and application detailing how your experience prepares you for the post. The closing date:25th August, 2018
. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
REDESO will interview any suitable candidates before the deadline
in order to speed up recruitment process.How to Apply
For those applying for the position of Project Officer should submit their application letter, resume (with three referees), and copies of your relevant certificates to Chief Executive Officer, REDESO Hq, P.O.Box 2621 Dar es salaam or electronically through:firstname.lastname@example.org J2