Senior HR Associate Job Arusha
: Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive. Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents in local communities. But to reach most consumers, Greenlight partners with hundreds of of last-mile distribution companies, ranging from small retail wholesalers, to the world’s largest micro-finance institutions, mobile network operators, and energy companies.
NEW LIST OF OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(162+ POSTS)
Today, with over 900 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
Greenlight Planet is looking for a Senior Associate to join its Human Resources Management team in Arusha, Tanzania. The Senior Associate- Human Resources will work closely with the HR team in Africa to ensure the organisation has adequate capacity to build new business units and expand existing operations in Tanzania.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Recruitment of staff across a range of professional levels from associates to senior team leaders within defined Service Level Agreements and budgets.
Drive a strong performance culture amongst the Tanzania teams
Ensure HR policies are up to date, in line with labour legislation and accessible to all staff
Handle employee grievances amicably and within reasonable timelines
Manage the Office Administration budget and ensure correct invoicing and timely payments to vendors
On-boarding and induction of new employees
Attend disciplinary hearings and ensure disciplinary procedures are
followed in line with company policy and relevant legislation
Ensure privacy of employee data and maintain up to date personnel files
Provide timely payroll inputs for processing
Actively participate in HR projects aimed towards delivering the HR agenda
Delivering excellent information through weekly and/or monthly HR reports
The ideal Senior HR Associate has:
- Is excited about joining a fast-growing, entrepreneurial and innovative environment with an opportunity to build teams, local HR practices and policies
- Has 4-6 years of HR generalist experience, ideally with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management.
- Is comfortable and experienced working in a multi-cultural environment
- Has strong communication skills with excellent planning and project management ability
- A solutions-oriented self-starter; comfortable taking on substantial work with limited oversight
- Relationship orientation: this role will require developing strong partnerships both internally and externally. The ideal candidate is a natural people person, one that elicits trust in others and truly enjoys collaboration.
- An ability to work autonomously and independently; this person will be expected to take inputs from many stakeholders but ultimately drive the HR strategy with confidence.
- Be able to prioritize a varied workload and work well under pressure and while adhering to strict deadlines.
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.J2
APPLY ONLINE HERE
APPLY ONLINE HERE