Project Financial Analyst Jobs
NIMR - Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR centres located in Mbeya within the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital compound. The centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis as well as other diseases of public health importance.NIMR at its Mbeya Centre has a vacancy for a qualified, experienced and motivated person to fill the aforementionedpost whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
The position will be responsible for budget development, follow up and financial reporting for this NIMR Centre as a liaison on financial matters between the site and sponsors. Administratively, the position reports to the Centre Accountant:
NEW LIST OF OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(244+ POSTS)
JOB POSITION: PROJECT FINANCIAL ANALYST (1 POST)
LOCATION: NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre, MbeyaRESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop on the monthly basis technical financial analysis of current expenses and projection trends to determine present and future financial performance of the centre and individual projects,
2. Provide feedback to the respective project leader (PI), Centre Accountant and Centre Director
3. Assist Centre staff with setting up new financial reports that will meet their requirements,
4. Provide cost projections, and analyze monthly revenue and expense variances.
5. Assist in the development of annual and project specific budgets.
6. Raise invoices and/or follow up funds from sponsors/funders
7. Ensure compliance with government and donor regulations regulations.
8. Enter all approved budgets into QuickBooks or corresponding accounting system in a timely manner,
9. Pull reports from the QuickBooks and/or related accounting system to review variance to actual numbers and notify appropriate centre staff of any discrepancies
10. Monitor centre cash flow through maintaining, updating, and submitting timely to relevant bodies including all supporting documentation and updated narrative
11. Estimate future funding and impact on the current operational costs
12. Ability to conduct risk management analysis and mitigation
13. Work as assigned by her/his seniors
14. Work under minimal supervision
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFIC ATTRIBUTES:
1. University degree in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
2. Professional accounting certification like CPA is an added advantage.
3. A minimum of 7 years working experience in the same field, including 4 years of experience in financial management in an international organization .
4. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
5. Must have hands-on experience working with QuickBooks or similar Accounting software.
6. Must have thorough knowledge and hands-on experience within financial management, budget development and tracking.
7. Must have experience in managing large research institution or multi international donor-funded projects, including budgeting and external financial reporting.
8. Work experience within a medical research setting is preferred.
9. Working under minimal supervisionCOMPETENCIES:
1. Team player with high integrity
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational skills.
3. Analytical and decision making skills.
4. Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking setting.
5. Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a multi-cultural environment
6. Ability to work under minimal supervisionThe successfully candidate will attain attractive and competitive remuneration according to NIMR Project staff salary scale.
Submit your CV, Cover Letter and List of References by 07th September 2018. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications should be directed to:
NIMR – Mbeya Medical Research Centre
Hospital Hill Road,
P.O. Box 2410, Mbeya – Tanzania.