Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist Jobs
OverviewReporting to: WARIDI MEL COORDINATOR
Tetra Tech is a US-based international development firm is implementing a USAID-funded project “the Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative” (WARIDI) which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaptation and the environment in the Wami-Ruvu and Rufiji river basins. Tetra Tech is advertising one position for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist based in Ifakara, Morogoro, or Iringa, to be determined. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. This position is for immediate start and would be required to start as soon as possible. Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender are essential requirements.
Purpose of the PositionThe M&E Learning Specialist will work closely with WARIDI MEL Team and the entire WARIDI team. They will work on implementing Monitoring, evaluation and learning, M&E plans and tasks of the WARIDI project. The successful candidate will ensure frequent follow up of WARIDI activities from grantees/ partners and technical staff, tracking and reporting of data in a timely manner, review and verify data for analysis and reporting.
- Provide guidance, training and hands-on assistance to WARIDI staff and grantees on a variety of data collection tools including data submission through the online link.
- Provide guidance, training and hands-on assistance to WARIDI staff and grantees/ partners on data collection, standards and best practices.
- Ensure transparent, accurate and timely submission of data both qualitative and quantitative data from WARIDI staff and Grantees.
- Ensure timely submission of data in WARIDI database and USAID reporting system
- Maintain up to date hard and electronic files of all data and documentation in a well systematic and organized manner.
- Carry out data review and frequent field visit to assess, verify and spot check submitted data (by grantees/ partners) before is reported.
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Work together with MEL Coordinator in Annual report writing.
- Support for conducting special studies and analyses to inform on Activity Learning.
- Compile and analyze data required for reporting purpose and writing WARIDI success stories.
- Carry out an internal evaluation for the WARIDI project
- Provide internal evaluation reports for management decision making.
- Support grantees in the documentation of success stories and lessons learned
Job Skills and experience required
- A minimum of five years of relevant work experience in monitoring, data management, analysis and reporting of behavior change of water, sanitation and hygiene programs. Other areas of experience including natural resources management, livelihood interventions, Climate Change Adaptation, Partnership and Social Enterprises, gender and youth will be added as an advantage.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel).
- Proven expertise in designing tools, databases and implementing primary data collection tools, standard operating procedure, and data management.
- Experience in carrying out surveys, developing survey tools, verification checklist, sampling frameworks, managing from a distance, and leading data entry, management, and analysis.
- Ability to write reports, effectively present information, prepare presentations and respond to queries from WARIDI staff and various working partners.
Experience:Minimum of 5 years’ experience in performance data systems development and management, data review, verification, analysis, and reporting. Previous USAID experience working in Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene will be added as an advantage.
Education:University degree from a recognized university in Project Planning and Management, Agri-business Economics, Statistics, Environmental/social/Natural Sciences, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene or similar field where data collection, analysis, and reporting are fundamental.
LanguagesFluency in English and Swahili is required.
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV), cover letter and 3 references to: email@example.com. The subject of the email should include “WARIDI” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and the ideal candidate will be hired immediately.
Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented groups. Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: September 12th, 2018.J2