Business Planning Manager- Retail Banking - (1800025648)
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Job Title: Business Planning Manager
To assist and advise Country Head, Retail Banking in all aspects of his duties, coordinating and leveraging internal resources to ensure all core KPIs are met in a timely manner. The job holder will need to display exemplary business acumen and interpersonal skills.Key Roles & Responsibilities
· To assist the Country Head, Retail Banking in implementation of sound controls and consistent governance operating model and processes across the Bank to ensure adherence to the global & country standard governance procedures within the Bank.
· Implement, track and report on management objectives for the Country Head, Retail Banking and the direct reports, business performance management and productivity/efficiency assessment of the business unit.
· Undertake specific business projects for the Country Head, Retail Banking.
· Organise and coordinate key business meetings and monitor follow up actions. Create and deliver reporting and presentations, as required.
· Assist with the development, implementation and updates of the business strategy in line with the broader Retail Banking strategic agenda. Ensure business alignment with other Retail Banking functional teams.
· Be a key contact for Country Head, Retail Banking direct and indirect reports, for matters that require support.
· Focus on delivering financial performance, drive and monitor business plans, budgets and other business planning projects.
· Identify and implement best practices in resources and processes, ensuring consistency and relevancy.
· Ensure engagement of wider support teamQualifications & Skills
· 2 years of experience in banking in the same or related role, with bachelor in business studies
· Strong writing and communication skills with the ability to articulate well.
· Strong inquisitive mind with the ability to structure information.
· Ability to see the big picture and appreciate the strategic intent.
· A team player with the ability to interact and work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
· Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and handle a stretching, diverse workload.
· A self-starter with a hands-on style and determination to make a difference.
· Ability to work on broad strategic projects and day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
· Arranger and Process Discipline in order to drive multiple agendas.
· Flexibility and responsiveness in order to handle changing priorities and urgent requests from management.
· The capability to operate independently and with the maturity to run with several significant business initiatives in parallel.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to operate with minimal guidance and identify priorities.
· Demonstrated strategic capability, but also a capability to attend to detail and financial dataSummary:
Standard Chartered BankPrimary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.J2