Underground Safety Officer Jobs
POSITION PURPOSEThe Underground Safety Officer will provide the site with HSE&T advice, coordination and relevant administration support. The role will be involved in partnering with site operations supervisors and employees to ensure AUMS’s safety values and culture is effectively promoted and adopted across the operation.
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(1100+ POSTS)
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE
- Guiding employees on best work practice by ensuring safe work processes are in place, understood by all and is used consistently.
- Administering and applying HSE&T policies, procedures, and matrices including the development of site-specific HSE&T management plans.
- Provide on-site Inductions ensuring all employees and contractors are site compliant.
- Monitor the health and well-being of our onsite personnel.
- Participate in (and lead where appropriate at the local level) any HSE&T improvement to ensure both operational and legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical support as required to accident investigations to ensure a thorough and documented approach is used.
- Provide accurate and timely local reports on all HSE&T matters to relevant parties.
- Attend and provide input to the regular operations toolbox and pre and after shift meetings.
- Provide HSE&T reporting and monitor local trends for communicating with relevant parties and following accordingly.
- Conduct training and verification of Competencies.
- Support auditing of onsite machinery and equipment.
- Provide HSE&T mentoring to operational personnel.
- Administer and assist with the local return to work/rehabilitation process.
- NEBOSH or OSHA Certification.
- Familiar with the Tanzanians Regulations.
- More system oriented
- High level of integrity.
- Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
- Dependably exercise sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong sense of urgency and outcomes focused.
- Knowledge and application of HSE legislation and compliance requirements to Barminco and the client’s safety systems.
- Experience in providing supportive specialist HSE&T operational advice to operations.
- Proven experience in a similar role preferably within an underground mining environment.
- Excellent English communications skills and ability to manage diverse and in some instances multi-cultural teams.
- Well-developed time management and planning skills are essential.
- The ability to influence and engage with operational and non-operational employees and contractors with good demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, influencing skills and including consultation.
- Strong observation and analytical skills along with attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint/ Outlook / email)
- Experienced with a large ERP software/HSE&T information systems and reporting tool (e.g. SAP and Pronto)
- Information security-appreciate the importance of securing commercial and confidential information.
- Safety – observe safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Must have valid Tanzanian Driver’s License.
How to ApplyPlease send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email email@example.com.
Application letters should reach the above on or before 27th August 2018,18hr00.J2