• Expiration date:September 19, 2018
• Location:Dar es Salaam
• Job Title:Security Manager
To manage the security function withing the organisation, including identification of company assets, development, documentation & implementation of policies and procedures to ensure all assets are secured and protected. Monitors the access controls of the visitors to the organisation
• Monitoring the security operations of the company and implement security policies, regulations, rules, norms.
• Ensure company assets, employees and visitors are safe.
• Provide port security with hands on assistance with their job responsibilities including ensuring authorized entry, CCTV surveillance and perimeter patrols.
• Oversee the day to day activities and deployment of the security contractor at the terminal.
• Oversee performance of security providers and manage service level agreements.
• Develop, implement and maintain security procedures to meet required codes and regulations.
• Maintain facility security requirements and implement procedures for safeguarding customer goods and company assets.
• Supervise employees to ensure that safe systems of work are developed and maintained through monitoring and good supervision.
• Coordinate and administer security clearances and other policies and procedures in compliance with local regulation.
• Prepare and maintain security manuals.
• Maintain inspection reports and records and advise senior management of deficiencies and remedial actions.
• Coordinate with all departments to overcome security challenges and deliver results.
• Establishing a clear policy that has excellent attention to detail and identify security risks at the workplace.
• Ensure that all staff and contractors are aware about security processes and procedure.
• Ensure that all safety and security systems and procedures are maintained and adhered to in accordance with all relevant codes and sound management practices.
• Provides input into the development of security policies and procedures to improve security posture and security readiness and ability to respond to emergency situations.
• Responsible for security and emergency evacuation of International Assignees
• Proven experience as Security Manager or similar position in Multinational organization of medium or large size.
• Highest level of integrity and ethics compliance
• Experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV)
• Good Academic track record.
• Multitasking skills, can work under pressure.
• Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem analysis
Education & Experience
• Graduate in any field and security training or certification is an added advantage.
• Minimum 4 years of experience into similar role in large Organization.
• Working knowledge of Ms Office
Manages production and warehousing operations in an efficient, productive and cost
effective way so as to meet both customer’s and shareholder’s expectations. Responsible for the
overall performance, direction, and execution of operations plans within agreed strategy
Major Tasks and Activities:
Plant Operations Management
• Responsible and accountable for managing production operations to meet customer
• Responsible and accountable for Operating expenditure (Opex) in accordance to approved
• Responsible and accountable for communicating to the management the performance of
plant’s production operations, detailed statistics and reports, shortfalls, corrective actions taken
and their effectiveness.
• Responsible and accountable to driving unit level tool box talk weekly basis and work centre
levels and actively promote it as effective mechanism of engagement of workforce, registering
reasons for improvement, inducting and sharing best practice and communication.
• Responsible and accountable for identifying, planning and implementing improvement
processes, change initiatives, projects for continual improvement within plant operations and
• Monitors manufacturing progress against targets and objectives and provides summary reports
of project status, key performance indicators and operations status.
• Provides hands on leadership and management of the blending and packaging operations,
while optimizing production costs and maintaining product quality
• Report any deviations and/or perceived problems to management of urgent attention in order to
protect the image of the company.
• Responsible and accountable for safety and maintenance of assets, stocks and customer
• Management of plant infrastructure including buildings and equipment.
• Responsible and accountable for recruitment and management of manpower
• Ensure all staff has Job Profiles
• Ensure all staff has Objectives set out in line with their duties and to the benefit of the
• Ensure all staff receive performance appraisals once a year and that corrective action is put
in place where required.
• Ensure all staff are in compliance with HSSEQ requirement; staff be equipped with PPE’s on
• Ensure the mentoring and training of staff reporting to the position.
• Ensure corrective action is taken where required in line with company policies and
procedures. Prohibit an employee to the plant under safety, disciplinary and investigative
• Ensure positive team actions despite difficult circumstances.
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and
regulatory requirements and acting in a safe manner at all times
• Responsible and accountable for implementing approved HSSEQ policy and management
system in the plant.
• Responsible and accountable for timely reporting of non-conformities, incidents,
investigations, actions progress and closures.
• Ensure that dress code and behavior is always in line with the company image and to not
bring the company into disrepute at any time.
• Authorized or reject any entry permit to visitor, truck, equipment, material to plant.
• Stop production or plant activities in case of risk to humans or property.
• Generation of production volume to meet or exceed company goals.
• Minimize stock losses in storage, handling, filling, processing to maximize company profits.
• Utilize resources effectively so as to avoid wastage and exceed customer expectations and
help business to increase customer base.
• Effective implementation of HSSEQ policy and guidelines to minimize risk and company
• Dissipation of knowledge through training and tool box talks in order to build capacity of staff
in the area of responsibility.
• Maintain always high standards of housekeeping in plant operations.
• Compliances with all required standards
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• University Degree/ Masters in Science / Engineering
• Minimum 10 years of managing plant operations, preferably Lube Oil Blend Plant or
Plants of equivalent complexity.
• Knowledge and experience of ISO based Quality and Management systems and in
depth HSSEQ practice.
• Computer Literate, MS Office, quick gaining operating comfort on ERP and exploitation
of its MIS / data to monitor operations.
• Overall understanding of technical knowledge – understanding of Lubricants families.
• Ability to work under pressure and against stretch targets.
• good people management skills and be able to lead a team.
• Highly organized with strong Management / Leadership Skills.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Ability to build safety culture and driving safety performance improvement.
• Basic knowledge on statutory requirements.
• Experience in commissioning plant and ramping up operations.