*The entry level salary for this position is 74,865,000 Tanzanian Shilling yearly.
IntroductionWith funding from the Swedish International Development Agency (Sida-OBF) the International Labour Organization (ILO) is executing the technical cooperation project ‘Strengthened women and youth entrepreneurship development policies and programmes especially in rural economy to create more decent work and a just transition to environmental sustainability’ with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania and with organised business and labour and other key partners.
Under this project, ILO aims to foster access to business development services for youth-led and women-led enterprises including up-scaling the economic empowerment initiatives to those who may be more vulnerable to decent work deficits, including in specific value chains.
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(1100+ POSTS)
The project will adopt a strategy based on the following components:
- Establishing a knowledge base regarding the linkages between environment and employment/enterprise development issues, to identify high priorities, and high potential sectors/enterprise segments and to inform stakeholder consultations and dialogue.
- Establishing and facilitating consultations and dialogue with constituents and partners to select priority entry points and inform intervention models.
- Development of intervention models for securing double dividends in terms of employment and environmental sustainability in selected priority sectors/areas.
- Implementing pilot projects to demonstrate the intervention model and results, which will serve to inform policy discussion and seek opportunity for replication and scaling up
- Holding forums are held to showcase results from the pilots, and inform policy discussion, as well as to leverage opportunities for further resource mobilisation.
Reporting linesThe NPO will report to the Director of the ILO Country Office United Republic of Tanzania, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda (ILO CO Dar es salaam) and will be based in the CO Dar Officer. The NPC will be directly backstopped in technical matters by the Senior Specialist for Job Creation and Enterprise Development and by other DWT/CO Dar specialists when required in tandem with the support from the staff of the Green Jobs Unit of the Enterprises Department at ILO Headquarters, Geneva.
Description of Duties
- Review and analyze specific development plans and priorities for Tanzania along with socio-economic data and other relevant information and use this data in support of effective project implementation
- Assist in primary and secondary research to identify sectors for project implementation and help identify and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Undertake stakeholder consultations with ILO constituents, UN agencies and other development partners to ensure synergies with other initiatives in Tanzania
- Develop work plans and provide necessary information for the development of annual budgets for project implementation
- Provide input to and support the development of the project technical outputs such as research and training materials. Support the organisation and implementation of project activities target beneficiaries and partners
- Carry out monitoring of project activities
- Prepare briefs, periodical reports and impact assessment on the status of project activities and assemble and edit data required for successful project implementation considering different approaches and alternative methods through learning from project implementation
- Prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring the situation of resources as compared to planned activities and making recommendations as necessary
- Facilitate and participate in the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, training sessions and meetings and undertake missions to project sites across Tanzania, individually or accompanying other ILO officials
- Support incoming missions ILO specialists, project experts and visiting officials and provide relevant information on project matters
- Draft news releases, official correspondence, statements, social media messages, speeches and other public information material
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor and the supervisor