Job Title: Program Assistant
Purpose: As the Program Assistant you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Jiamini in Newala. Reporting to the Program Manager, this role is critical to achieving the Jiamini vision of providing vulnerable children with a quality local education and a safe living environment, empowering them to become self-reliant members of their communities.
- Support our students in the community, dealing with small issues and reporting larger issues to the Program Manager
- Act as the main contact for official communications with schools, government officials and students
- Financial management, including fund requests, careful project budgeting and gathering receipts for all money spent
- Find new students for Jiamini programs, also proactively identifying problems in the community and possible solutions
- Monitoring all teaching and tutoring done by Jiamini.
NEW LIST OF OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(167+ POSTS)
Responsibilities at the Jiamini office:
- Teach English course for Std 7 leavers for 8 weeks per year, between October and December
- Keep the Jiamini office clean and organized
- Taking extremely good care of office equipment; making sure it is not damaged or stolen
- Manage Jiamini library, checking out books and making sure they come back
- Strong passion for education
- 100% honest and reliable
- Energetic, enthusiastic and proactive personality
- Diploma in Education, Social Work, Rural Development, or similar
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Word, internet and email
- Teaching experience
- Fluent in English
- Ideal candidate is from Mtwara region
Salary and benefits:
Salary and benefits: 400,000-500,000 per month (depending on qualifications) and benefits according to Tanzania Labor Law. If applicable discussed at possible interview at the Jiamini Office, Luchingu Shule Msingi, Newala.Apply on or before Wednesday, 29 August:
1) Email your CV and motivation letter (in English) to:firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Deliver printed CV and motivation letter (in English) to the Jiamini Office, Luchingu Shule Msingi, Newala.NOTE: applications without motivation letter will not be considered. Late applications will not be considered. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
As the Program Assistant you are responsible for the day-to-day operations of Jiamini in Newala.