Job Title: Office Manager
SCOPE OF ROLE:
directly to: Logistics Manager but is expected to work closely in
collaboration with the regional sales officer with directives from the
Finance officer on Cash Management functions
Dimensions: Staff directly reporting to this post: Drivers/Office attendant/Cleaners/Gardner’s/Security guards.
APPLY FOR THE NEW OPPORTUNITIES HERE(310+ POSTS)
be responsible for the overall logistics and the day to day functions
of office Management which are in line with Simusolar internal policies
and procedures. Act as a key person responsible in supporting the field
office team for all the similar functions as and when required.
a member of the Logistics Team the Office Manager will work
collaboratively with Logistics Manager in Mwanza to ensure good
coordination, communication, planning, and customer service to all
Simusolar Staff, including providing cover for, and support to others
and undertaking duties as delegated by his line manager.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Fleet Management
• Responsible with the day to day allocation of vehicles and driver in response to respective field visits
• Responsible with the overall safety and security of the vehicles wellbeing and conditions
• First contact for any damages, maintenance and repairs that are required in support of vehicle roadworthy
Responsible in collecting and preparing monthly fleet reports and
forwarding to the Logistics manager at the end of each month
Conduct weekly inspection of the vehicle condition and Discuss with the
driver on the risk and type of support required to ensure the vehicle
continues to be of roadworthy
• Manage and control the issue of fuel vouchers to drivers
• Evaluate, manage and monitor driver’s performance
2. Office Management
Responsible with the day to day management of the office cleanliness
and organization and ensures the office is kept neat and tidy at all
• Responsible in tracking and maintaining the asset registry and advises Management on status of the office assets
Manage and maintain the stocks and assets records and assets disposal
(mobile devices, laptops, phones … etc). at field level in coordination
with country office and as per disposal policy
• Update the finance department with the assets/stocks lists and records as and when required for audit compliance
• Responsible with the day to day management of office sundries and stationary and ensure stocks are timely replenished.
• Responsible in managing and assigning tasks to the office attendant
• Kept track of all office contract expire dates (lease agreement, security services etc..)
• Act as Safety and Security focal person at field level and provide appropriate advice to staff as and when required
• Provide any other support to field office as assigned by the Line manager
3. Cash and Procurement Management
• Manage day to day transaction of petty cash
• Support field office team in developing procurement plans for the projects by necessary inputs
• Maintain supplier database and framework agreements for timely procurement in coordination with Logistics Manager
Support team in raising Procurement Requisition (PR) by providing
necessary inputs about the items availability, prices and terms
• Review and input Procurement Requisition (PR) into the tracking database (daily basis).
Prepare the CBA’s in the prescribed format and make recommendation for
purchase, incorporating the relevant criteria (price, quality,
specification, delivery, reputation, etc) and value for money
• Prepare the LPO for supplies and ensure the data is accurately transferred from the CBA.
• Follow up with suppliers to confirm receipt of LPO and state of order
4. Inventory Management
• Receive all items to the store by crosschecking the delivery note or GRN against the LPO
• Ensure that the quality and quantity of items received are in line with LPO before signing the Delivery note/GRN
Ensure the timely movement of items from the store to the end user.
When issuing items from the store, he/she ensure an inventory issue
voucher is prepared, authorized and signed to validate the movement in
compliance with Simusolar procedures.
• Maintain access to the stores and ensure the keys are kept safely at all times.
• Prepare by the 5th of the following month a monthly Stores report for verification by inventory Officer
• Ensure that any items disposed from the stores are done so in compliance with Simusolar procedures.
• Support field teams in distribution of inventory items and maintain stock register for all supplies and goods
• Support staff in filling the inventory voucher request
• Insure all inventory are properly tagged with bin cards and tagging numbers for ease of reference
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Simusolar values
• Holds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal development
• Future orientated, thinks strategically
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains
effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external
partners and supporters
• Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency
• Commitment to Simusolar values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of Diploma in material management, procurement, accounts or related fields
• At least minimum of one-year experience in the same or related position
• Experience working in the solar industry is an added advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills,
• Available for the full five-month period.
• Fluency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
A quick learner at using other computing systems, demonstrated by your
knowledge of other platforms (Quickbooks, Dropbox, Calendar, etc.);
• Experience with basic bookkeeping and managing cash and expenses;
• Experience working in a client-focused environment;
• High integrity and resilience.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicant should send CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Remember to indicate position applied as the subject of the email.
Application deadline is 03/09/2018.J2