Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit organization in Tanzania that primarily aims to contribute towards addressing public health priorities through evidence-based interventions and partnerships. MDH works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of tuberculosis (TB), malaria, HIV/AIDS, nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people and communities. In this regard MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following position:
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(1100+ POSTS)
Position Title: SENIOR HIS PROJECT MANAGER
Location: MDH HEAD OFFICE
Supervisor: HIS PROJECT Principal Investigator (PI)
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership in all HIS project activities in the organization, including ensuring that there is no missing monthly report each month
- Provide mentorships to HIS project manager and staff
- Supervise the development of HIS implementation work plan
- Advise PI on all matters related to HIS project
- Provide HIS project progress report to CDC, MOH, and other stakeholders each month
- Provide leadership in preparation of quarterly, semiannual and annual reports for program monitoring and donor reporting
- Carry out routine meetings with developers/subcontractors teams to review implementation progress, including weekly meetings with each developer
- Provide leadership in writing up grant proposal especially in areas related to M&E and electronic Data management.
- Ensure all MDH HIS datasets are updated and securely stored and all sharing of data follows organization policy
- Identify training needs and design capacity building plan for the HIS project.
- Design and provide an effective model of mentorship and supportive supervision.
- Participate in designing and implementation of M&E and data parts for new upcoming projects and studies in the organization
- And all other tasks as assigned by Director of HSS & SI
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems (or a related field.) Preference should be someone with a health informatics degree.
- Proven extensive knowledge or information technology concepts and principles, theories and functions of computer systems.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and system interoperability.
- Training in project management and IT project management.
- Command of an Open source EMRS, client register systems
- Ability to solve difficult technical and operational problems where solutions may be of a precedent-establishing nature
- Ability to work well with diverse teams in person and remotely.
- Three to five years relevant experience implementing health information systems at scale in an environment similar to Tanzania.
- Demonstrate experience with multi-site deployment of technologies or information systems
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects, including developing and managing work plans.
- Years of experience in managing health information software development and deployment
TO APPLY:Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related referees by 29th August 2018, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH’s Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contactedJ2