One Acre Fund is developing exciting new business units to push innovation in retail, finance and marketing in rural communities. One of these units is the Seed Adoption Campaign, which aims to build access and demand for improved seed across Tanzania.
A fantastic opportunity is available with the Seed Adoption Campaign to build and manage regional operations, helping expand the Seed Adoption Campaign to new regions in Tanzania.
Improved seed can generate significant increases in yield and farm productivity, with minimal behavior change required. However, adoption of improved seed is lower than 25% in many Sub-Saharan countries. Increasing adoption of improved seed in Tanzania represents millions of dollars of potential impact for smallholder farmers. The individuals in this role will play a key part in creating this impact for Tanzanian farmers.
Seed-related innovations are one of the organization’s highest priority areas for generating impact for farmers and the Seed Adoption Campaign will continue to grow rapidly in both work scope and team size. The goal for most innovations like this, is to scale them to reach huge populations of smallholder farmers, generating as much impact as possible. This is an exciting time to join one of the fastest growing teams in the organization.
We are seeking exceptional individuals to join this team. Strong candidates would be managing region-wide ventures and helping expand the Seed Adoption Campaign, supporting farmers in new markets.
- Build and manage a team – hire, develop and lead a team of field staff at multiple levels to effectively execute operations in the field
- Professional Development of Team – conduct performance reviews and ensure all staff receive regular professional development training and monitor individual development plans
- Contribute to high-level strategy planning – implement innovations within the trial to increase impact. While the existing program is a strong model, the team is always looking to further increase impact for farmers. This role will be responsible for contributing to the development and implementing operational solutions, marketing plan improvements and cost-saving initiatives
- Performance data analysis – use data to inform decision-making to improve trial performance
- Collaborate with internal teams – Work with other departments to build program solutions and innovations. Communicate updates and results to key stakeholders
- Regional Operations - lead the operational management of particular teams to attain key performance indicator targets
- Seed Program Expansion – lead the scouting project to decide the most suitable locations to achieve high impact for smallholder farmers
- Program Data Collection – plan and manage the implementation of regional and nationwide surveying, ensuring high-quality data is collected to analyse program performance and inform decision-making
- Coordinate with internal and external partners – collaborate and manage relationships with key partners. This includes staff from other One Acre Fund departments but also local distribution partners, government officials, etc.
- Plan and manage budgets – monitor current budgets and forecast budgets for expansion
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
NEW LIST OF OPPORTUNITIES IN TANZANIA(173+ POSTS)
QUALIFICATIONS Candidates who match the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
Strong work experience. Examples include: a demanding professional work experience; successful entrepreneurial experience
Experience developing innovative ideas and opportunities. We are seeking someone who is able to contribute to operations and strategy development
Strong project manager; detail oriented
Demonstrated leadership experience at work or outside of work
Relationship building skills with public and private sector actors
Language: English and Kiswahili requiredNo agriculture-specific experience required
PREFERRED START DATE
Commensurate with experience
Note: We are not able to sponsor a visa for this position.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
One Acre Fund is developing exciting new business units to push innovation in retail, finance and marketing in rural communities. J2