Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MEL) | (Annual Salary Tshs. 21,280,680.00)
HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (MEL) for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for the overall development, management and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and Learning system, with key relationships extending to CBR Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Programme Officer, Social Workers, Communication Officer, MEL Coordinator in Dar Es Salaam and the Regional Programme Manager MEL
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TODAY(592+ POSTS)
To assist in the development, management and implementation of the Burundian Refugee response monitoring and evaluation system. The System must ensure effective tracking of project implementation against project goals and objectives, provide information for planning and management of project activities, and document the changing needs of older people and the barriers they face in accessing assistance to support of programme advocacy.
We are looking for a dynamic person who is capable of assuming overall responsibility for coordinating and compiling corporate level evidence for our key audiences to support our reporting. The post holder will provide technical assistance to Kibondo Office to gather, analyse and generate evidence for local level and national advocacy.
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or M and E. Master’s Degree in any related subjects from a reputable University will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with Kobo tool box, ODK data, and database management software and hardware support.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large scale surveys.
- Demonstrated experience of at least 1 years of application of Computer statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, NVIVO, Excel) and Advance computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must.
- At least 3 years direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale Projects (Multiple donors)
- Strong experience in conducting PRA/PLAs, research study , surveys, Baseline, Post Distribution Monitoring including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Good oral and written communication skills and should be fluent in English.
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams
- Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- High level of integrity
- Energetic team player who enjoys working
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work in partnership with team members, partner agencies and community members of both the international and national communities MEL across programs
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Facilitation, training and public speaking skills
- Strong computer (word processing) literacy, skills in databases a plus.
- Strong Language capability in both Kiswahili and English
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before Friday 05th October 2018. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. This will be ongoing recruitment and the right candidate will be contacted on a rolling basis. No certificates need to be sent.J2