Finance Officer Jobs
Organization OverviewJhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 45 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Finance Officer.
Position Overview:Read Also:
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES (807+ POSTS)
The Finance Officer is responsible for assisting the Finance department with various finance functions and to ensure the smooth running of the finance office. This includes handling of expense reports, processing payments using the accounting software, the filing of documents. Provides support to the Finance Managers and assists with other finance tasks as assigned.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and an effort to acquire a CPA or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years relevant experience in finance or accounting.
- Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement
- Knowledge of USAID regulations would be an added advantage.
- Previous experience with the nonprofit organization will be an added advantage.
- An understanding of the maintenance of ledger entries, books keeping skills and bank reconciliation.
- Computers skills including use of spreadsheets and/or accounting packages
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, GAAP.
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Financial and computer skills – working knowledge of database applications, word processing, and Excel, as well as experience with accounting software
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Pleasant, warm and outgoing personality.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How to ApplyJhpiego is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive package for selected candidates in line with academic qualifications and relevant experience. The application email should have a subject line reading – Application for the Position of Finance Officer – based in Dar es Salaam so that we do not miss your application.
Send the application through email at, HRTZ@jhpiego.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive the required steps. If you suspect any wrongdoing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.comJ2