Legal Officer II Jobs | Zanzibar Insurance Corporation (ZIC) | Reports to: The Zonal Director
OverviewZanzibar Insurance Corporation (ZIC) is a state-owned company which has been operating even before liberation of the Insurance industry in 1996, and registered according to Insurance Act Cap.394 of year 2009.
Zanzibar Insurance Corporation is looking for a qualified candidate to fill one vacancy of Legal Officer II;
Reports to: The Zonal Director
Job PurposeThe Legal Officer is the Principal Legal Advisor of the Corporation including the Board of Directors. He/She is responsible for all legal matters, Advice and legal representation of the Corporation and other related matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides legal advice on all matters related to insurance and other matters of the Corporation
- Represents in person or otherwise, the Corporation in courts of law or in arbitration in respect of cases brought by or against the Corporation.
- Documents all legal and related matters and ensures their proper storage
- Conducts research on legal matters related to Insurance
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Board and Managing Director.
Knowledge and Experience
- Holder of recognized University Degree in law or Postgraduate Degree in law from recognized University.
- He/She must possess a Post Diploma in Legal Practice offered by the law School of Tanzania
- At least 2 years of working experience in the legal field in a reputable firm; and
- Computer Literacy
REMUNERATIONRemuneration will be according to ZIC salary scale and other terms and conditions of ZIC.
MODE OF APPLICATIONApplication letters accompanied with a typed detailed CV, certified copies of Academic Certificates, Three Names of Referees, Current Postal Address, Phone Number, Email Address and Two (2) Passport Size Photograph, should be addressed to:
ZANZIBAR INSURANCE CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 432
- Testimonials/provision results /statements of results are not accepted
- Employed applicants are required to channel their application letter through their employers
- Age 25-45 years
- This is a renewable contract based employment ZANZIBAR