Industry: Non-profit /International Development/Agriculture/Microfinance
Job Title: District Training Officer-2 Posts
Reports to: Region Training Supervisor
Employer: One Acre Fund
Experience: 2 Years
Job Location: Mbozi District or Mbeya Rural District.
Commitment: Long Term Career Position
Compensation: Starting Pay Grade 3 for Job Grade 1 with annual career reviews and constant feedback, National Social Fund, airtime and small transportation allowances, benevolent fund.
One Acre Fund is an agricultural NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income. We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, seed and fertilizer, and market access. Our program is proven impactful – every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure more than 100% average gain in farm income per acre. In 4 years we have grown to serve more than 38,000 farmer families in Tanzania. We hope to serve >100,000 farmers in Tanzania by 2020.
At One Acre Fund, we measure success in our ability to make smallholder farmers more prosperous. We only serve farmers and we put Farmers First in relation it produce better harvests and building brighter futures for some of the hardest working people.
Field Training Department is within Field Operations in which its task is to prepare, Translate and to deliver the Quality Training to the staff and farmers. It is the Rapid growing Department which takes staff into great career opportunities and delivers impact to all our Farmers across Tanzania.
We are seeking a smart and self-dedicated Person with 1 to 2+ years of work experience starter to be a DISTRICT TRAINING OFFICER in Mbozi or Mbeya Rural Districts in Tanzania. Overall, the Training Officer will be responsible for Preparing Training, Delivering the Training and also to assist and Oversee District meeting training for both Staffs and Farmers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the whole Field Training Team to produce weekly training content and deliver to Field Officers, Field Managers and Field Leaders in Mbozi or Mbeya Rural District.
- Lead on materials production and delivery to weekly Mbozi/Mbeya Rural District meetings and keep the training team library updated.
- Help develop effective feedback and M+E tools for all levels of the training team.
- Lead delivery of on-boarding and skills development for Field Officers and Field Managers throughout the agricultural season in Mbozi or Mbeya Rural District.
- Carry out field visits to support and develop field teams especially Field Officers and Field Managers.
- Carry out field visits to support Field Operations priorities such as farmer’s enrollment and repayment collection.
- Lead training sessions at weekly District Meetings and at regular training days and workshops.
- Carry out training needs analysis of Mbozi/Mbeya Rural Field Officers and Field Managers.
- Design and deliver skills development training for Field Officers and Field Managers in Mbozi or Mbeya Rural District.
- Support the Field Operations Team or other departments with feedback and ideas for improvement in order to continuously develop and improve our any field-facing trainings in their content, or execution, whether they be for staff or farmers.
- Show a commitment to treating staff fairly at all times in line with One Acre Fund helping to build a productive, professional, and pleasant working culture for both HQ and field staff.
- Work in collaboration with the whole team in achieving clear numerically focused goals and targets.
- Commit to uphold the One Acre Fund Customer Protection principles in executing all field strategy for all members of the field team
- Work with team members to analyze KPIs in order to have full picture of strengths as well as areas for growth, and implement successful strategies in order to bring continuous improvement
- Support in driving the importance of impact to all levels of the field team, and positively motivate them about the work they provide
NEW OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE TODAY(511+ POSTS)
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant and actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates that will help take our organization to the next levels of Independent and productive Trainer to deliver quality Training to the Staffs and Farmers. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Diploma or bachelor degree in social sciences such as Community Development, Rural Development or any related course from recognized Institution in Tanzania.
- Proven work experiences in training and Field Work. (e.g. Field Training, Institution Trainer or Leading seminars and conferences will add an advantage).
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft word suite package, internet and google tools.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills at work or outside of work.
- Humility and personal stability. We have a fantastic and likable team. We are looking for passionate professionals that combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
- Willingness to commit living in Songwe/ Mbozi or Mbeya Rural District and one year demonstrated experience working in this region, although this is not a strict requirement.
-Ability to effectively work in team work as well as a high performer and individual contributor.
-Proactive in problem solving skills.
-Comfortable and confident in public speaking.
How to Apply:
All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter, currently detailed CV containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone, together with names and active contact details of three referees to: email@example.com (One of the three referees to be recent or previous employer is preferable.)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
Deadline for submitting applications is Monday, 8 October, 2018 , 5:30 PM.
One Acre Fund is an, equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their active Phone numbers and emails indicated in their CVs.
Starting Date: The successful candidate will start working with our Organization early in October, 2018.J2