ABOUT FEED THE CHILDREN: Feed the Children is one of the world’s leading anti-hunger organizations and brings together caring individuals to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry. Together, we help kids be kids by providing healthy food, safe water, education, and job training so that kids and their families in all areas where we work become independent.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Project Monitoring and Evaluation
– Working closely with program and project staff, provide guidance to the monitoring and evaluation functions of the program, including:
- Reviewing project proposals to ensure cross-program project consistency in logic models, performance measurement frameworks, and monitoring and evaluation plans
- Providing technical advice and support to implementing partners on planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Supporting project staff in compiling key performance indicator data
- Facilitating project evaluations
- Reviewing end-of-project reports to assess results reporting and providing feedback to partners/stakeholders
Read Also:2. Program Monitoring and Reporting
- In collaboration with beneficiaries ensure and report on overall program quality and consistency
- Develop and maintain overall performance measurement framework for the programs
- With the direction of the Country Director and or Finance & Admin Manager, review project reports for quality, consistency and accuracy
- Oversee and capture project information; compiling, evaluating and preparing information as needed for program and stakeholder reports; ensuring that reports and other project documents capture progress against the effectiveness, and impact of programs
- Working closely with technical advisors, preparing summaries of lessons learned and evaluation findings for dissemination to stakeholders
- Developing and updating monitoring and evaluation related guidelines to strengthen the quality of programming and results measurement.
- Participating in the preparation of other reports as directed by the Country Director.
3. Capacity Development
- Identify and implement monitoring and evaluation capacity development initiatives
- Facilitate dissemination of information on lessons learned in program areas and effective knowledge sharing
- Plan and facilitate training events for program and project staff to build capacity in monitoring, and evaluating projects
- Ensure positive, supportive and collegial relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop contacts and build relationships with relevant external agencies, ie: local government and other sector entities, to disseminate program monitoring and evaluation results
- Represent programs at relevant functions to build relations and promote the identity of the program
- Contribute to build and strengthen internal networks to further the adoption of meaningful M&E practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Engineering, Finance or other relevant academic background.
- 1 to 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential).
- Strong report writing skills and experience in preparation of reporting documents
- Strong analytical skills
- Training or experience in results-based management principles, tools, and techniques
- Training or experience in quantitative & qualitative survey and data collection methods
- Field experience, preferably in a monitoring and evaluation role, in development contexts
- Demonstrated skills in organizing and facilitating learning activities, such as workshops and group and individual training
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand and communicate across cultural boundaries
If you are interested and meet the requirements mentioned above please send your CV (including three references) and a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org
by12th September 2018
Please note that only complete applications will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Feed the Children is an equal opportunity employer.J2