Territory Sales Representative (TSR) Jobs
PANNAR SEED (PTY) LTD, a company with its origins deeply rooted in agriculture, is a leader in the seed industry and an award winner in its field. Our longstanding successes, both locally and abroad, have made us not only a choice provider, but also an employer of choice.The Territorial Sales Representative is responsible for the overall development and management of a sales territory to achieve annual sales plans. Aligned with the country and company goals, the sales representative is responsible for selling and servicing Seeds or Crop Protection products and will continually develop a customer network directly, or a business partner network to jointly target customers who possess a long-term sustainable business.
NEW LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES (840+ POSTS)
- Responsible to recruit, train, develop and motivate a customer network within the territory aimed at increasing/retaining sales volume.
- Responsible to identify and build relationships with key growers and business partners with the intent to help customers understand the benefits, positioning and placement of hybrids, varieties, traits and crop protection products offered.
- Manage current customers and achieve sales goals in the assigned territory in support of the business strategy and marketing plan
- Build and continually develop an engaged customer and business partner network.
- Actively engage the larger selling team including agronomy and field science, nutrition, market developers, and account management to identify and satisfy dealer and grower needs.
- Implement the go-to-market strategy at the dealer and grower level. Track progress using key metrics to continually improve implementation.
- Build relationships with key customers and prospects to increase the sales of products in the assigned territory
- Manage quality orders aligned to a customer, control returns and support shipping activities
- Effectively communicate customer benefits through a good technical understanding of the product line
- Actively promote the benefits of marketing programs and provide feedback to marketing on customer response
- Stay informed on local market trends, customer needs, competitive products, programs, and pricing structures and provide ongoing feedback to sales and marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with business partners, field scientists/agronomists/nutritionists and account managers to team sell and deliver value
- Professionally conduct meetings with business partners and grower-customers/prospects
- Effectively and proactively manage customer service calls and/or complaints
- Manage expense budgets and marketing programs with fiduciary and ethical responsibility
- Provide timely product forecasts for the assigned territory through an understanding of local customer needs, working with reselling dealers and collaboration with local agronomists on current and new products in the portfolio
- Conduct business in a safe and ethical manner. Maintain company vehicle and records properly, maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Perform other duties as required
- Coordinate promotors agent activity for its territory
- Conduct all activities with a high level of professionalism and represent the company each day in a manner that is ethical, respectful and would reflect positively on the company and the ag industry.
QUALIFICATION/S & EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Agriculture (Plant or crop science)/Agronomy
Relevant sales/marketing Qualification will be added advantage
5years + experience in marketing & sales of crop protection products
Must have a valid drivers license
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Broad knowledge of Crop protection market segmentation
Strong background and understanding of integrated cropping solutions to various pests, weeds & disease pathogens
Strong overall agronomy knowledge of both field crops & horticultural crops
Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Self-motivated, enthusiastic and Team player
Competency in safety risk management