ShangRing Device Evaluation Coordinator Jobs
DescriptionWhy Choose IntraHealth
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
IntraHealth International Tanzania Office is implementing a five-year project (2016 -2021) named ToharaPlus
Project for “Accelerating the Scale- up of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention for Maximum Public Health Impact in the United Republic of Tanzania, under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR)”. This project is funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
IntraHealth International is soliciting applications from suitable candidate to fill inShangRing Device Evaluation Coordinator position
for IntraHealth ToharaPlus
Project who will run a new research study to evaluate safety and acceptability of the ShangRing device for nonsurgical circumcision in routine clinical settings, as a part of a comprehensive HIV prevention program for males in VMMC programs.EVALUATION ENDPOINTS
Primary Endpoint: the proportion of males experiencing mild, moderate and severe adverse events (AEs) associated with ShangRing circumcision procedures, including both intra- and post-operative events, and all device-related malfunctions (e.g., early spontaneous detachment).
- Training needed for proficiency using the ShangRing device, including number of procedures to become fully proficient at applying and removing the ShangRing device.
- Client and provider acceptability, client satisfaction, and duration of procedure.
- The percentage of clients clinically healed 49-52 days post-placement of the ShangRing device, and the time at which point all clients are clinically healed.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The ShangRing Device Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for day to day running and management of the research project including hiring and managing of study staff, ensuring availability of the required equipment and supplies for the study, ensure all trainings (TOTs and training of service providers) are conducted in a timely and ethical manner, ensure all study sites are ready and the study is conducted in an ethical manner. S/He will be responsible for development of data bases, data entry screens, oversee the data collection exercise and analysis of both qualitative and quantitative data and produce final report for the study.
- Develop study documents such as standard operating procedures (SOPs) and consent forms.
- Develop data collection tools such as questionnaires and surveys.
- Plan and structure interviews and focus group sessions.
- Contribute to data collection using questionnaires, surveys, interviews and focus group sessions.
- Communicate and build good relationships with local leaders in the study areas including Regional Medical Officers, Regional AIDS Control Coordinators, District Medical Officers, District AIDS Control Coordinators, District Health Management Information System focal persons, Health Facility In-charges and health service providers in each of the study sites.
- Provide information to, and take consent from, potential study participants.
- Assist in recruitment of study team members.
- Manage junior study staff, and train study staff on procedures and tools required to carry out the study.
- Maintain study documentation, including the study master file.
- Liaise and communicate with the study Senior Investigators and Sponsor.
- Communicate with and prepare written reports for the study.
- Handle field budget.
- Prepare applications and reports for ethics committees, obtain ethics approval and liaise/communicate with ethics committees as required.
- Ensure the study is carried out ethically and according to applicable laws and regulations.
- Contribute to institutional meetings and seminars.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the field of health sciences (including public health), social sciences, epidemiology or demography.
- At least two years of research experience in the field of health sciences, social sciences, epidemiology and/or demography.
- Experience of developing study documents such as SOPs, consent forms and data collection tools.
- Experience of performing data collection and analyses for both quantitative and qualitative research through interviews, surveys and/or focus group discussions.
- Experience of managing a team and conducting staff training.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a highly professional attitude.
- A postgraduate qualification in the field of health sciences, social sciences, epidemiology or demography from a recognized university.
- At least two years of proven experience and/or knowledge of socioeconomic research.
- Experience with using data management/social science/analysis packages such as (e.g. STATA and/or NVIVO).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili with proven ability to document and articulate results
- A proven track record of disseminating research finding at conferences and in peer-review journals
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with donors, MOH, project partners
- Travel 70% of the time away from Dar es Salam and collegially with other MOHSW, IntraHealth team members as well as USG and project partners.
- Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth's performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth's success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to
put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to
access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet
or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent
service directly or indirectly.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1 How to Apply
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The closing date for receipt of applications is September 7th, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.