Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 45 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit a Senior Program Officer, Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health [one position based in Dar es Salaam
THE LIST OF ADVERTISED OPPORTUNITIES TODAY (466+ POSTS)
Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University invites applications for a full-time position, to serve as Senior Program Officer, Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health (AYSRH) for an exciting project called The Challenge Initiative (TCI). The project [also known as Tupange Pamoja in East Africa] is funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), through The Bill & Melinda Gates Institute for Population and Reproductive Health – Department of Population, Family & Reproductive Health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. This is a multifaceted program focused on the rapid expansion of urban family planning programs worldwide but with focus on the largest cities in Asia and Africa. TCI is an ambitious program that leverages a matching challenge fund mechanism to provide incentives for the rapid scale up of urban family planning programs through a framework of accountability measures, demand driven participation of cities, and technical support via regional accelerator hubs. Jhpiego is responsible for the East Africa Accelerator Hub.
- The Program Officer provides strategic, technical, and programmatic leadership for the Tupange Pamoja Country in the area of Adolescent, Youth Sexual, and Reproductive Health (AYSRH).
- Applicants must have solid professional experience working with national programs and/or public health projects in the area of AYSRH. Specifically, the Program Officer will be expected to:
- Support the implementation of TCPs AYSRH strategic plan in Tanzania, to identify new and emerging needs and develop and maintain technical partnerships in the Country:
- Provide in-country strategic, technical and programmatic leadership and support to build the capacity of TCI in-country teams (as well government and program partners) to effectively deliver results on a diverse range of AYSRH programs, including increased access to modern contraception;
- Develop and roll-out tools, resources, and trainings to improve youth-focused program implementation, as identified and needed;
- Oversee the coaching and mentoring in key areas of adolescent that focus on results, and use of data for programmatic decision making by the local governments;
- Ensure that AYSRH implementation is aligned with national and country policies, strategies, guidelines, systems and structures for ownership and sustainability;
- Provide programmatic reporting and technical representation for TCI’s AYSRH program;
- Contribute to the identification, development and monitoring of strategic youth-related priorities and opportunities in consultation with the Tupange Pamoja Country teams;
- Prepare and write technical and programmatic reports and briefs, and contribute to publications, as needed;
- Organize country training activities related to AYSRH for capacity development;
- Ensure technical and program knowledge is updated, generated, collected and disseminated for effective technical support, capacity building in the regions and national level and high level policy dialogue, including codifying this knowledge in the TCI AYRSH toolkit;
- Contribute to, and facilitate cross-geographies and cross-program learning; technical documentation and dissemination of learnings;
- Ensure leveraging relevant resources within Jhpiego programs and other stakeholders implementing AYSRH in the country; and
- Any other duties as requested by the TCI Country Lead.
- Bachelor degree in public health or related field [Advanced Degree Preferred];
- 7 years of professional experience in AYSRH field;
- Working experience with MOHCDGEC systems and personnel;
- Demonstrated technical understanding of national and regional AYSRH issues;
- Experience in developing and implementing outreach, demand creation, and/or social and behavior change communication for adolescents and youth;
- Strong track record of technical leadership, and proven ability to produce demonstrable results;
- Excellent facilitation, writing, diplomatic and interpersonal skills with an ability to be a strong presence in work plan, meetings, data workshops, donor and stakeholder meetings;
- Experience working in the East Africa Region is an added advantage;
- Field oriented and experience in programming; including evidence of innovative AYRSH approaches;
- Ability to work in highly sensitive areas is essential; and
- Ability and willingness to travel for about 30 percent of the time in the year.
To apply please indicate the position title on the subject line of your e-mail, i.e. Application for Senior Program Officer, Adolescent and Youth Sexual and Reproductive Health. All applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history.
The application should be addressed to:
Send the application through email at HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don’t charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through firstname.lastname@example.orgJ2