Location: Dar Es Salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Department: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Senior Executive
1. Essential Skills:
- Attention to detail, strong analytical and problem solving skills and needs to be meticulous.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines to ensure work is completed within time.
- Mature, proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative.
- Clear communication skills ensuring flow of clear, timely and candid information.
- Person of high Integrity - able to demonstrate trustworthiness.
- Independent worker - able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Strong people management skills - ensure deliverables required by others to complete tasks are provided.
- Computer Literacy to effectively operate and manipulate online management systems.
- Faultless administration skills ensuring accurate and efficient procedures.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (369+ POSTS)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Association of Chartered Certified Accounts (ACCA).
- Work experience in a similar role of not less than 5 years.
- Knowledge of Advanced MS Excel and SAP software.
- Technical expertise in Tanzanian Tax laws.
3. Overall Purpose
- The Finance Manager reports directly to the Group Finance Lead and is responsible for managing the full finance function of the Group’s Tanzanian and Mauritian results, as well as the management of the Group’s Shared Service Function Specific roles and responsibilities are listed below.
4. Accountabilities & Responsibility Areas
- Manage the company's financial accounting functions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, Payroll, General Accounting, Taxation and Cost Control;
- Produce accurate financial reports to specific deadlines including annual budgets, bi-annual forecasts, monthly management accounts and weekly cashflows;
- Responsible for Annual statutory audits, ensuring audited financials are signed off and filed within specific deadlines;
- Key contact person for the Revenue Authorities, ensuring any tax queries and audits are handled with zero exposure to the company;
- In charge of the company's Finance, Procurement and Administration policies and procedures;
- Responsible for company legal secretary issues, ensuring annual returns with BRELA are filed on time;
- Responsible for administration issues including ensuring company insurances, licenses are updated on time;
- Arrange new sources of finance for the company's debt facilities;
- Supervise staff;
- Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- And any other task assigned by the Group finance lead;