Post Title: Driver (Open to Tanzanian nationals only)
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 03 November 2018
Overview of Functions
Under the overall authority of Head of Office and Representative of UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office and the direct supervision the Administrative and Finance Officer, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNESCO Personnel and high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Drive also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact, and ability to work with people of different national and cultural background. The Driver should look after the official assigned vehicle in a clean and well-functioning manner that reflects positively upon the organization at all times and advise UNESCO/UN personnel and officials of potential or existing adverse conditions and suggest alternative routes or travel time adjustments.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by Driving office vehicles for the transport of UNESCO Personnel and other high-ranking official and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents, and other items; meeting official personnel and visitor at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensures cost-effectiveness in the use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation for the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and a map of the city/country, firsts aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Perform any other task assigned by the Head of Officer
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (307+ POSTS
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties;
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies;
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Drivers license and valid defensive driving certificate
- 2 years’ work experience as a driver, safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- UN or international organization driving experience an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements should submit a motivation letter together with an updated and detailed Curriclum Vitae via email to email@example.com or hand deliver in sealed envelope marked “Driver – Post 6TZFSC0713RP” to: The Head and Representative, UNESCO Dar es Salaam Office, Plot 59 Mtwara Street, Oysterbay, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania no later than 03 November 2018.
A WRITTEN EXAMINATION AND PRACTICAL TEST MAY BE USED IN THE EVALUATION OF CANDIDATES
Only short-listed candidates will be contacte for the recruitment processJ2