Job Title: Translator & Voice Over
Number of Posts: 2
Location: Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to: Operations Manager.
Duration: 2 Month Contract.
Description: We are looking for two females with good voice and excellent English & Swahili
(writing and speaking) to help us translate online ICT courses.
Translate written and spoken material for short computer courses from English to Swahili ensuring that the translated version conveys the meaning of original content. After translation, she will be required to do a voiceover using the Swahili script, matching the actions and timing of the pre-recorded English video.
THE LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (422+ POSTS)
- Read through and listen to original material in english and rewrite it in swahili, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained.
- Making sure the translated version suits Tanzania context and users.
- Use dictionaries, thesaurus, reference books and other tools to find closest equivalents for terminologies, phrases and words to ensure correct translation.
- Use different software for presentation and submission of translated work.
- Liaise with supervisor to ensure adherence to requirements and seek any clarifications when needed.
- Review and edit final translated work.
- Record the Swahili script in a studio and review the recorded script to ensure fit and appropriateness.
- Diploma or bachelor degree in IT , linguistics or related fields.
- Fluent in written and verbal communication in both English and Kiswahili.
- Experience with ICT especially in office suite packages Writer, Spreadsheet and Presentation.
- Knowledge of Libreoffice will be an added advantage.
Send your CV to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th Oct 2018 15:00 Hrs
Apply only if you meet the required qualification and experience
Please do not call or send a text message.J2