BOARD DIRECTORSHIP POSITIONS
Maendeleo Bank PLC commenced operations in September 2013 as a Regional Bank with its Headquarters at
Luther House, Sokoine Drive – Dar es Salaam. It is the first bank in Tanzania to be listed on Dar es Salaam
Stock Exchange (DSE) from its inception through the Enterprise Growth Market (EGM) window. Its Mission is to
become the premier bank in Tanzania, which is customer need driven with competitive returns to Shareholders.
The bank invites applications from suitably qualified individuals of high personal integrity and clean track record to
serve in the Board of Directors appointed as Non –Executive Directors of the Board to represent the Shareholders.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (181+ POSTS
REQUIREMENT OF A BOARD DIRECTOR:
A Board Director must be an individual who has demonstrated significant achievements in business, education,
profession and or public service. He / She must have requisite intelligence, education and broad range of experience
to make significant contribution to the deliberations of the Board.
1. To determine the bank’s Vision, Mission and Values
2. To formulate, monitor and evaluate bank’s Policies and Strategies
3. To review on a regular basis the adequacy and integrity of the Bank’s internal control, financial reporting, risk
management, and management information systems including compliance with applicable laws, regulations,
rules and guidelines.
4. To appoint and regularly review the performance of the Managing Director and Senior Management of the bank.
5. To carry out self assessment as well as evaluate other Board of Directors.
6. To regularly attend and effectively participate in Board, Committee and other important meetings.
7. To meet the obligation of accountability to Shareholders.
8. To perform any other duties stipulated under the law.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
1. A holder of degree with extensive professional experience of not less than five years in Senior Managerial level in
any reputable organization and must have knowledge of the sector especially issues affecting the banking sector.
2. High moral and ethical character. Must exhibit independence, objectivity and capable of serving as a
representative of the Shareholders
3. A Shareholder of Maendeleo Bank PLC, committed and possessing personal qualities to make effective
contributions to Board deliberations
4. Must not have any criminal record or history of bankruptcy
5. A member of a National Assembly, House of Representative or Local Authority is not eligible.
Mode of Application:
Interested Candidates are requested to apply as follows:
1. An application letter detailing their suitability for the position,
2. A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV),
3. Certified copies of Certificates and Awards,
4. Certified copies of last two pages of a current Passport,
5. Four recent passport size Photographs and
6. Three recommendation letters from professional referees including one personal referee. Please send to: Nafasi za ajira
The Chairman, Nomination Committee,
Maendeleo Bank PLC’
P. O. Box. 216, Dar es Salaam.
Deadline for submission of applications is 2nd November 2018 at 4.00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be
contacted. Please note that candidates will meet their own travel and accommodation costs for the interviews.J2