Published by Ajira Zetu tz on Monday, October 15, 2018
Regulatory Assurance Manager
• To provide support in the maintenance of a robust and effective Compliance Risk Management Framework: Provide assurance in relation to compliance to all relevant policies & regulations.
• Undertaking compliance reviews and supporting the business through provision of relevant recommendations, implementation and corrective measures and follow-up, and providing professional compliance advisory services (strategic, tactic and transactional day-to-day compliance advice and direction) and specific recommendations to adequately manage compliance risks.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (102+ POSTS
Monitoring & Risk Assessment
• Design, implement and lead regulatory compliance programs and activities. This includes compliance training and communication, monitoring and testing and implementation of new regulatory compliance regulations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of a risk-based compliance-monitoring program to ensure identification, assessment, monitoring and timely reporting of all material compliance risks as well as to ensure that compliance procedures, systems and controls are up-to-date and effective.
• Provide leadership to the Volcker attestation, FATCA, GDPR processes and other relevant programs including design of monitoring, testing and reporting.
• Manage and participate in regulatory exams and regulatory inquires, liaise with business partners in providing requested information: Arrange meetings with regulators and compliance and/or business management; maintain records and reports of meetings ensure proper follow – up as necessary.
• Ensure that all issues or comments from regulators are addressed and incorporated into policies, procedures, and training as necessary and shared across Lines of Businesses and regions as necessary.
• Provide leadership to Compliance Officers on all matters regarding Regulatory Compliance.
• Review the bank’s operations for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and contribute to implementation and execution of the Compliance Risk Management Policy.
• Ensure day-to-day monitoring and reporting of compliance risks including and monitoring compliance with key compliance policies, this includes maintaining relevant registers pertaining to conflicts of interest, whistle blowing, declarations and gifts and hospitality.
• Assist to develop and implement Compliance Risk Assessment programs ensuring that the compliance risks are appropriately identified, assessed, and mitigated.
• Engage appropriate business units to identify compliance risks and determine a plan to address those risks.
• Provide guidance & technical advice on regulatory compliance matters to business units and management.
• Identify and keep abreast of new laws and changes to laws and regulations, in order to be up to date with current compliance requirements and work with the relevant stakeholders to perform a gap analysis and assess the business impact of new/amended regulatory requirements, and escalate if necessary.
• Inform on a regular basis of any regulatory breaches and other regulatory issues, which may pose financial or reputational risks for the business, and ensure that business units/ functions addresses concerns raised by the Regulators/delivers on commitments made to the Regulators.
• Assist Head of Compliance in reviewing new products, projects, business initiatives, and agreements, monitor and develop compliance profiles of new areas of activities, and create compliance risk matrix for all laws and by-laws, guidelines in which the bank is subject to, in order to effectively track and ensure regulatory compliance and risk mitigation.
• Assist in administering the NMB Code of Conduct and review ensure effective management of all Conduct Risks. Provide advice, training, and awareness to staff on all matters relating to NMB Code of Conduct.
Policy and Procedure Development
• Act as the Custodian for all bank’s policies.
• Implement timely revisions to policies and procedures in response to testing results or changes in regulatory or company landscape and conduct training as necessary: Review compliance policies and procedures on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Where relevant, participate in the development and implementation of other policies and procedures make recommendations for amendments.
Reporting & External Relations
• Assist Head of Compliance to prepare relevant reports i.e. quarterly reports to the Management and Board Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, monthly Risk & Control Committee’s reports and other assigned reports.
• Assist with preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports on compliance developments as required.
• Support Head of Compliance in the development and maintenance of effective and efficient interaction with regulators and other government agencies, ensuring bank’s views and interests are well represented.
Financial Crime Compliance Risk (FCC) Management
• Carry out due diligence checks on parties involved in various business relationships with the bank including but not limited to customer due diligence and service providers. Update internal processes and procedures as required reflecting key regulatory requirements and identified changes.
• Provide expert advice to support compliance to AML/CFT and Sanctions Regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
• A strong passion for risk management & compliance with ability to lead.
• Experience managing regulatory interactions & examinations for a financial services company.
• High degree of professionalism and integrity with demonstrated ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
• High degree of communication and interpersonal skills, Policy-writing, Attention to Detail, Time management, Planning and organizing skills, Coaching skills, Intellectual and analytical skills.
• Good understanding of the Core Banking System and management systems, bank’s products, bank policies, operational procedures and operating systems with knowledge of the controls and procedures on Branch operations, and applicable regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in law/ banking/ economics/ finance or equivalent qualifications.
• Five or more years of legal, risk, audit, regulatory compliance or financial services experience required.
• Experience in managing and executing a comprehensive compliance-monitoring program end-to-end.
• Experience drafting policies, procedures and strong ability to communicate at all levels.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Label: TREANDING JOBS