Regulatory Assurance Manager
To provide support in the maintenance of a robust and effective
Compliance Risk Management Framework: Provide assurance in relation to
compliance to all relevant policies & regulations.
Undertaking compliance reviews and supporting the business through
provision of relevant recommendations, implementation and corrective
measures and follow-up, and providing professional compliance advisory
services (strategic, tactic and transactional day-to-day compliance
advice and direction) and specific recommendations to adequately manage
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (102+ POSTS
Monitoring & Risk Assessment
Design, implement and lead regulatory compliance programs and
activities. This includes compliance training and communication,
monitoring and testing and implementation of new regulatory compliance
• Assist in the development and implementation of a
risk-based compliance-monitoring program to ensure identification,
assessment, monitoring and timely reporting of all material compliance
risks as well as to ensure that compliance procedures, systems and
controls are up-to-date and effective.
• Provide leadership to the
Volcker attestation, FATCA, GDPR processes and other relevant programs
including design of monitoring, testing and reporting.
and participate in regulatory exams and regulatory inquires, liaise with
business partners in providing requested information: Arrange meetings
with regulators and compliance and/or business management; maintain
records and reports of meetings ensure proper follow – up as necessary.
Ensure that all issues or comments from regulators are addressed and
incorporated into policies, procedures, and training as necessary and
shared across Lines of Businesses and regions as necessary.
• Provide leadership to Compliance Officers on all matters regarding Regulatory Compliance.
Review the bank’s operations for compliance with applicable laws and
regulations and contribute to implementation and execution of the
Compliance Risk Management Policy.
• Ensure day-to-day monitoring
and reporting of compliance risks including and monitoring compliance
with key compliance policies, this includes maintaining relevant
registers pertaining to conflicts of interest, whistle blowing,
declarations and gifts and hospitality.
• Assist to develop and
implement Compliance Risk Assessment programs ensuring that the
compliance risks are appropriately identified, assessed, and mitigated.
• Engage appropriate business units to identify compliance risks and determine a plan to address those risks.
• Provide guidance & technical advice on regulatory compliance matters to business units and management.
Identify and keep abreast of new laws and changes to laws and
regulations, in order to be up to date with current compliance
requirements and work with the relevant stakeholders to perform a gap
analysis and assess the business impact of new/amended regulatory
requirements, and escalate if necessary.
• Inform on a regular
basis of any regulatory breaches and other regulatory issues, which may
pose financial or reputational risks for the business, and ensure that
business units/ functions addresses concerns raised by the
Regulators/delivers on commitments made to the Regulators.
Assist Head of Compliance in reviewing new products, projects, business
initiatives, and agreements, monitor and develop compliance profiles of
new areas of activities, and create compliance risk matrix for all laws
and by-laws, guidelines in which the bank is subject to, in order to
effectively track and ensure regulatory compliance and risk mitigation.
Assist in administering the NMB Code of Conduct and review ensure
effective management of all Conduct Risks. Provide advice, training, and
awareness to staff on all matters relating to NMB Code of Conduct.
Policy and Procedure Development
• Act as the Custodian for all bank’s policies.
Implement timely revisions to policies and procedures in response to
testing results or changes in regulatory or company landscape and
conduct training as necessary: Review compliance policies and procedures
on a regular basis to ensure they comply with statutory and regulatory
• Where relevant, participate in the development and
implementation of other policies and procedures make recommendations
Reporting & External Relations
Assist Head of Compliance to prepare relevant reports i.e. quarterly
reports to the Management and Board Audit, Risk and Compliance
Committee, monthly Risk & Control Committee’s reports and other
• Assist with preparing and coordinating ad-hoc reports on compliance developments as required.
Support Head of Compliance in the development and maintenance of
effective and efficient interaction with regulators and other government
agencies, ensuring bank’s views and interests are well represented.
Financial Crime Compliance Risk (FCC) Management
Carry out due diligence checks on parties involved in various business
relationships with the bank including but not limited to customer due
diligence and service providers. Update internal processes and
procedures as required reflecting key regulatory requirements and
• Provide expert advice to support compliance to AML/CFT and Sanctions Regulatory requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
• A strong passion for risk management & compliance with ability to lead.
• Experience managing regulatory interactions & examinations for a financial services company.
• High degree of professionalism and integrity with demonstrated ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
High degree of communication and interpersonal skills, Policy-writing,
Attention to Detail, Time management, Planning and organizing skills,
Coaching skills, Intellectual and analytical skills.
understanding of the Core Banking System and management systems, bank’s
products, bank policies, operational procedures and operating systems
with knowledge of the controls and procedures on Branch operations, and
applicable regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
• Master’s Degree in law/ banking/ economics/ finance or equivalent qualifications.
• Five or more years of legal, risk, audit, regulatory compliance or financial services experience required.
• Experience in managing and executing a comprehensive compliance-monitoring program end-to-end.
• Experience drafting policies, procedures and strong ability to communicate at all levels.
be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the
advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.