The Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC (DSE) was established in 1996 as a company limited by guarantee without share capital. DSE changed to a company limited by shares and was self-listed in July 2016.
The principal activity of the DSE is, among others, to provide a platform for trading, settlement, and depository of listed securities and facilitate companies to raise capital via the issuance of shares and bonds.
In order to enhance its governance and operational efficiency, DSE is looking for ambitious and motivated candidates with integrity and experience to fill the following position:
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Deadline: 2nd November, 2018
The CFO is mainly responsible for the planning, coordination and control of all financial, accounting, and administration activities of the DSE.
Key Result Area (KRA-1): Finance Management
- Manage the Finance and Administration functions and activities.
- Prepare and review budget guidelines and other policy documents.
- Monitor revenues flows and expenditure trends.
- Ensure that financial resources are utilized properly.
- Keep the DSE informed of Tax legislation and ensure that tax obligations involving the DSE and its staff are fulfilled.
- Facilitate the auditing of the DSE books of accounts by both the internal and external auditors.
- Oversee implementation, monitoring and evaluation of DSE strategies.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (263+ POSTS
Key Result Area (KRA- 2): Planning and Co-ordination
- Plan, control and co-ordinate all financial and administration activities of the DSE.
- Coordinate preparation of budget and strategic plans.
- Coordinate preparation of periodical and annual accounts of the DSE (in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Plans, directs and co-ordinates the planning and preparation of annual budgets and submit to the CEO.
- Prepare and submit DSE PLC budgets for the Board’s approval in consultation with the DSE PLC CEO.
- Review financial budgets and cash flow projections.
- Ensure adherence to budgetary processes and procedures
- Supervise preparation of financial reports and tax returns.
- Ensure that management accounts and other financial data are available, accurate, concise and up to date.
- Establish and maintain in accordance with accepted principles, all financial records and related documents of the DSE.
- Oversees preparation and review of administrative policies and procedures
- Supervise and ensure availability and allocation of office space, maintenance of office inventory and insurance cover for DSE assets.
- Ensure the application of the DSE’s financial policies and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and training to subordinates.
Holder of Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or equivalent;
Certified Public Accountant – CPA (T) or equivalent qualification.
Required Professional Qualifications
Must be registered with NBAA as Approved Accountant;
Securities Markets Certification will be an added advantage.
Relevant Work Experience
Minimum of seven years, five of which should be at managerial level in a reputable institution.
Required Skills & Competencies
Analytical Skills: IT Knowledge Management, Financial Management, Systems Understanding and Processing.
Finance and Administration Skills: Financial Planning, Regulations and Compliance, Risk Management and Financial Markets.
Competitive remuneration package will be offered as per the DSE pay scales.
Mode of Application
All interested candidates are required to apply by attaching to their application: current curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates, full addresses including contact phone number, email address and two reference letters from referees who can testify to the applicant academic abilities, working experience and character.
Applications should be sent:
Chief Executive Officer,
Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange PLC
14th Floor, Golden Jubilee Towers, Ohio Street
P 0. Box 70081
DAR ES SALAAM.