Project Grants Officer Job
RTI international is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
RTI International is seeking staff for the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) Promoting Tanzania’s Environment, Conservation, and Tourism (PROTECT) project that addresses factors in Tanzania that threaten biodiversity conservation and natural resource management. USAID PROTECT is a 5-year activity that will end in March 2020. We are recruiting a Grants Officer who will be based in Dar es Salaam.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (701+ POSTS)
GRANTS OFFICER- Dar es Salaam
The Project Grants Officer assists in the day-to-day administration of grants awarded under the project that will encompass the solicitation phase through close-out. The Grants Officer will assist to ensure performance of grants monitoring to assure compliance with (a) award-specific requirements and (b) applicable donor regulations as incorporated in awards.
- Support the administrative process of issuing of Request for Applications (RFA’s)
- Participate in conducting pre-award assessments and surveys
- Ensure completeness of the grants award package, perform background checks on applicants and their key personnel.
- As directed by the Project Grants Manager, perform monitoring of grantees and ensure that corrective action plan is followed through.
- Provide capacity building training to local organizations, which has been customized to meet the organization’s needs
- Process administrative documents for execution of award documents (pre-award authorizations, awards, modifications, etc.)
- Review of grantee performance and ensure compliance with award terms and conditions
- Assist with the review and process grantee advance requests, invoices, and liquidations
- Assist in close-out process of grants
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, International Relations, or related field
- At least 6 years relevant experience in grants management/administration and international development projects, with a preference for experience on USAID-funded projects
- Knowledge of USAID and USG assistance-related regulations
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Previous experience providing training and developing capacity building/sustainability plans for local organizations is preferred.
- Availability to travel throughout Tanzania on short trips to work with grantees
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and within matrix project and program teams
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Culturally sensitive and respectful
Email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2018. Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of the email. Please do not attach copies of certificates. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
RTI International is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/VJ2