Emergency Response Manager Jobs
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (315+ POSTS
- As Emergency Response Manager, you will be responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan International's emergency response, recovery and rehabilitation program.
- You will be responsible for a team of 84 national staff, based in Kibondo working in two refugee camps.
- You will provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency programming and strengthen the overall capacity to be prepared and respond to emergencies in accordance with accepted principles and practices, as well as strategically integrate emergency programming within the overall program approach.
- Oversee the management of specific emergency programmes, ensuring response activities are in line with donor compliance and Plan International’s standard policies and procedures.
- Represent Plan International with the host Government, both at national and regional level, highlighting key issues of concern impacting on children and in particular on girls.
- Ensure robust financial management system are in place across the field offices.
- Oversee and approve sit-reps on the emergency response and recovery. Ensure timely dissemination of situation reports and fundraising material to Plan International’s Headquarters and National Organisations.
With proven relevant humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters, you will have lead multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams under difficult circumstances, in a sensitive and participatory manner, with management responsibility for multi-million dollar budgets, a high level of expertise in external representation and excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
You will have a strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
A confident and clear communicator, you will have broad project management skills, including program design and proposal development, general finance, administration and information management.
For a more detailed description please see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ajgo278jjes5no/Emergency%20Response%20Manager%20JD%20April%202018_Tanzania.doc?dl=0
Type of Role: One year fixed term contract
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
Salary: Circa $55,000USD per annum plus benefits -
Reports to: Country Director
Closing Date: Sunday 11 November 2018