Operations Director – Southern Tanzania, East Africa
Our client, a dynamic Group of Companies with operation across East Africa is looking to recruit an Operation Director. The Company is involved in Agriculture, Renewable Turnkey Projects, Real- Estate and Hospitality. The successful candidate MUST have worked in Asia with excellent communication skills in Gujarati, Punjabi and Hindi. He/she will be required to come from a Plant Operations background willing to work in Southern Tanzania.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (244+ POSTS)
Key Responsibilities: -
• Oversee the Company’s financial performance & steer the organization to achieve high profitability.
• Ensure the business performance is focused towards growth, profits and increasing shareholder return.
• Ensure the business operates within Company’s goal & objectives.
• Driving the business to continuously increase profits.
• Assist executive management in setting goals that promote Company growth.
• Ensuring financial targets & other agreed targets are met by all departments.
• Prepare budgets, schedules & other organizational reports as needed.
• Manage team workloads to meet goals & deadlines.
• Develop plans to increase efficacy & reduce cost.
• Manage stock and inventory.
• Oversee the manufacturing and processing functions.
• Works closely with other departments to promote factory optimization.
• Identify improvements areas & plans & implements systems to boost Company effectiveness.
• Manage internal & external service suppliers.
• Keep employees motivated & organized appropriate training.
• Investigate stakeholder’s satisfaction & attend to any reported issue.
• Prior experience in Operations Director or Manager in a Factory set-up.
• Candidates coming from an Agribusiness background e.g. Tea Production will have a distinct advantage.
• Must have a relevant bachelor’s degree.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience at Senior Management Level.
• Must have worked in an international / Global Organization.
• Must have experience working in Asia.
• Ability to speak Gujarati, Punjabi and Hindi will be required.
• Knowledge of Safety, Quality and Cost Objectives.
• Ideal countries of operations are Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
• Excellent communication skills i.e. verbal & written.
• Experience working in Multi-cultural environment.
• Exceptional coaching skills.
• Ability tow work in multiple teams.