DeadLine: 31. 10. 2018
We are looking for an innovative Civil engineer to design, develop and construct a huge range of projects from conception through to completion. You will have a say in how the world looks like, work in a fast growing dynamic industry, contribute towards healthy economies and make a lasting positive impact to society.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (138+ POSTS
- Manage, design, develop, create and maintain small-scale through to large-scale construction projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Conduct on site investigations and analyze data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other)
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Assess potential risks, materials and costs
- Provide advice and resolve creatively any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Oversee and mentor staff and liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Monitor progress and compile reports in project status
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits, safety etc and deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Proven working experience in civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD,Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, regulatory approvals etc
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- BS/MA in Civil Engineering
HEAD OF OPERATIONS - CIVIL ENGINEERING
Our client; a reputed construction company based in Dar es Salaam is looking for a Head of Operations - Civil Engineering who is available to start immediately.
- Understanding the Scope of the project and ensuring the same is briefed to all team Members
- Preparing / Reviewing Line Estimates as per latest prevailing market rates and ensuring all inputs for preparing detailed estimates.
- Ensuring accuracy of information on Inclusions / Exclusions considered in Estimation
- Timely approvals through various Order Process.
- Preparation Monitoring of project, variations in designs and Bill of Quantities and
- Monitoring and tracking of project Cost with respect to approved budget.
- Discussing with Executive Director on cost control measures / taking approvals.
- Ensure timely closing of project with preparation of Project Close out Report and submission to Clients as per guidelines.
- Ensure Cash flow statement is prepared and tracked on monthly basis Billing and Certification.
- Understanding of Priced BOQ, Payment terms and conditions, time duration for payment certification.
- Verification of Measurements prepared by Site team or contractors in line with
- Drawings, Joint records and physical Measurements.
- Preparing Reconciliation of Materials.
- Preparing abstract, making payment certification and forwarding to designated authority for further processing towards release of payment.
- Document Control Ensuring that all documents - standards, Guidelines, project specific documents, Estimates are controlled.
- Records of transmittals are maintained and all Documents are easily retrievable.
- Planning, Monitoring and Scheduling of Site work.
- Preparation of Running Account Bills or Client Billing.
- Reports as per requirement to Operations Head & Head Office such as cash flow, day to day work progress.
- Rate Analysis as per prevailing market rates and checking Sub contractor’s bills
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- At least 5 years experience of working as Lan Quantity Surveyor.