J1SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children's Villages International. a worldwide childcare organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities.
Established 60 years ago, SOS Children's Villages International
the umbrella organization, currently has Children's Villages and other
projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS
Children's Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Nafasi za kazi Tanzania.
Family Based Care based at SOS Children's Villages and Family
Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities.
SOS has been working in the United Republic of
Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following
locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and lringa. SOS
Children's Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified
candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
THE LIST OF ADVERTISED OPPORTUNITIES TODAY (583+ POSTS)
Job title : Family Based Care Coordinator (FBC)
Duty station : SOS Children's Village Dar es Salaam (1 post) & Arusha (1 post)
Reporting to : Program Manager
• Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children's Village.
• Leading the SOS community comprising
of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children's educational,
emotional development and physical needs.
• Managing the planning and activity
programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the
SOS Children's Village.
• Ensure Child protection and safeguarding mechanisms in Village community.
• Monitor Children and Youth academics and performances in collaboration with mothers/parents.
• Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children's Village program.
• Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
• This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership
building with various take holders such as Government officials. NGOs,
FBOs as well as with the private sector
• In cooperation with the Program
Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project
proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
• A working knowledge on HR and performance management
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
• Degree in Social work. Psychology. Guidance and Counselling.
• At least three year of relevant professional experience at management level.
• Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
• Ability to work independently. self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and
guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the
required high standards.
• A stable social and emotional family situation.
• Computer literacy
• Mature personality (male or female)
Note: The position requires the FBC to live within the SOS Children's Village.
Job title : Program Officer (1 post)
Duty station : Mwanza
Reporting to : Community Development Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities
• Lead the implementation of the project as per annual plan
• Facilitate the identification of the beneficiaries of the program
• Support communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels
• Conduct the capacity building to the beneficiaries of the program
• Facilitate families' access to essential services required to fulfill their children's developmental needs and rights.
• Facilitate Capacity building of families as well as the community.
• Keep up-to-date information regarding beneficiaries and services provided
• Conduct regular field visit to the area of the program intervention
• Prepare reports to be shared to different levels within and outside the organization
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
• Bachelor degree in Social Work. Sociology: from recognized institutions.
• At least two years working experience preferably with NGO/ INGO in this field.
• Basic facilitation skills.
• Basic Knowledge of Gender. Child rights and Advocacy.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Computer skills especially Microsoft word. Excel & the Internet.
• A good command of both oral & written English
• Must have a valid driving license nafasi za ajira tanzania
To apply for this position, send your application letter by
postal or email describing how your experience, qualifications and
competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose
ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and
details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional
certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted
candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our
website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. To apply please send to; J2