TAMWA is a non-profit organisation that believes and respects Human Rights and defends and advocates for women and children’s rights. TAMWA is inviting applications from TAMWA members for the post of Executive Director under the following Terms of Reference.
- Positioning TAMWA as a vibrant organisation in advocacy for women and child rights in the country, regionally and at international level.
- Work closely with the Governing Board to create strategies positioning TAMWA as a thought leader on critical worldwide issues shaping Tanzania.
- Collaborate with other civil society organisations in influencing the media to set national agenda to shape the future of the poor, the majority being women.
- Design and implement strategies that can enhance TAMWA’s role in strengthening gender and human rights movement in the country.
- Mobilize resources for the Association activities.
- Oversee and ensure smooth implementation of activities in accordance to the laid down principles.
- Create, manage and optimize TAMWA’s media channels and community interactions.
- Be a champion in promoting the compliance of TAMWA constitution and the related policies
- Mentoring young TAMWAnites to become transformation leaders.
THE LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (418+ POSTS)
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in one or more of the following: communications, public relations, international relations, broadcasting or other relevant disciplines such as social sciences, business administration or management.
At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience in media and public information communications including management. Significant communications experience that includes a blend of media relations and advocacy for social change and MUST be an active member of TAMWA for at least 7 years. Knowledge of programme planning, fundraising and related management practices as well as familiarity with administrative procedures, budgetary and procurement matters.
Experience in creating strategies for National and International issues.
Excellent writing and speaking skills in Kiswahili and English.
Ability to articulate clear and concise thoughts.
A strong track record of positioning organization to achieve tangible outcomes in national issues.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract: 3 year fixed term renewable contract Salary: Negotiable
How to apply:
Applications should include a letter of interest (one page), a detailed CV with a passport photo and copies of certificates. Also one page of a road map strategy of how you will transform TAMWA into an innovative sustainabile media advocacy and development organisation in three years. The position is only open to women. Applications should be sent to:
TAMWA CHAIRPERSON, P.O Box 8981, Sinza Mori, Kijitonyama, and Dar es Salaam. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information visit TAMWA website at www.tamwa.org
DEADLINE: 5th Nov 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.J2