Senior Sous Chef Job Opportunity | October, 2018
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (657+ POSTS
Must have managed a large kitchen including all kitchen administration, general hygiene and staff
Knowledge of all HACCAP procedures
Good command of the English language, both verbal and written
Excellent interpersonal skills
A passion for training staff, creating fabulous food and entertaining guests
Be up to date with current food trends
Good computer skills
Jobs in Tanzania: Operations Manager Jobs in Dar es salaam
PowerCorner is providing sustainable, affordable and reliable energy services to rural populations in Tanzania using a combination of key innovations: standardized, low-cost production units, a mini-grid combined with smart prepaid meters and mobile money.
PowerCorner is a dynamic internal start-up of ENGIE and a key initiative within its Energy Access program. Eight minigrids have been commissioned over the last two years and another four villages are to be commissioned by the end of 2018. PowerCorner is looking to recruit an Operations Manager to reinforce the team PowerCorner Tanzania.
Operations management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. He/she will work closely with the Procurement Manager to make sure all procured materials are on sites and Technical Manager to make sure the scope is well defined, and all the work is done as per the BOQ. He/she will also be managing the contractors during project implementation and make sure all legal, safety and security requirements are adhered and followed. Also, he/she must have good skills in project control (cost control, planning, contract management).
The position is based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with regular trips to the sites.
1. Project coordination.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Follow up with the contractor the development steps of the project under construction
- Make sure we have all necessary permits and authorization before starting the projects.
- Follow up with the cluster team to make sure customer sign up and customer connections are well coordinated in the plan.
- Make sure the contractor has HSSE action plan before start of the project and it is well communicated to the team.
- Organize and plan visit to check if the contractor complies with the PowerCorner/Engie HSSE requirements
- Make sure all sub-contractors engaged by contractor meet all PowerCorner/ENGIE requirements.
- Follow up with the cluster team to make sure the contractor complies with the company HSSE policies.
- Draft weekly report and share in the project and operation meetings
- Coordinate weekly follow up meeting with the contractor
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Introducing tools which will improve efficiency in our project management
- Customer sign up
- Working together with the technical team to make sure Generation Unit, distribution network, home connections are well installed and working.
- Checking the quality of work of the contractor before acceptance
- Responsible for project commissioning process and final acceptance.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Negotiate with contractor and subcontractor to make sure we minimize project cost
- Check and verify invoice of contractor before payment
- Work together with technical team to verify any additional work and negotiate before approval.
- Be the interface between the Power Corner Tanzania and contractor.
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Master’s degree in civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in construction projects in the rural electrification or telecom sector. Experience in mini-grids is a plus.
- Good technical understanding of electrification projects (LV/MV)
- Experience negotiating EPC contracts and supervising EPC contractors
- Good computer skills related to budget and planning follow up
- Strong report writing and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills in working languages (English, Swahili).
- A commitment to high standards of integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- The Candidate should be registrable or ready to be registered with ERB
- Actively participate in defining tomorrow’s business models for energy access
- A secure position in a company combining the strengths of a start-up in terms of agility and those of a multinational in terms of financial and business support.
- Being part of a passionate and professional team based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Competitive pay
If you think your profile fits with the description of Operations Manager and your personal ambition matches with the challenges outlined, we strongly invite you to submit your application by October 22, 2018. Please send your application by email to email@example.comJ2