Employment Opportunities in Mwanza at IntraHealth International, Inc
Posted: October 16, 2018 | Full-Time | Mwanza, MWANZA, TZA
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Compliance Manager will work collaboratively with the Country Office Operations and Programs team to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulations, and the statutory mandates. S/he will make sure programmatic, financial, operational and grant management processes meet requirements, and ensure weaknesses are improved and that best practices are adopted. This position reports to Regional Sr. Risk Manager.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (161+ POSTS
Program and Grantee Risk Monitoring
Overseeing and providing advice to the program and operations teams with respect to mitigating risk from a strategic and operational perspective;
• Leading the set up the risk and compliance function for any new funds, including manuals and templates;
• Collating and updating risk management tools at programme and grantee level;
• Overseeing risk profiling of grantees using agreed methodology in liaison with the Project Managers;
• Evaluating grantee risk profiles, and recommending courses of action for high risk projects to the decision-making bodies for the different Funds;
• Reviewing and recommending changes or updates in policy and procedure manuals including grantee manuals for the different Funds;
• Supporting the program teams to internalize risk and compliance procedures through learning hours and other innovative approaches.
Grantee Contract and Compliance Management
• Reviewing grantee contracting documents and propose improvements;
• Monitoring the contracts of grantees and ensure that deadlines for this are met;
• Monitoring implementation by grantee in collaboration with the Grants and Monitoring and Evaluation teams;
• Reviewing selected requests for disbursements from grantees; and performing periodic grantee performance reviews.
Overseeing grantee assessments which include pre-grant fiduciary risk and organizational assessments;
• Providing oversight to the assessments team;
• Conducting continuous improvement of the assessment process, tools and methodologies;
• Coordinating of assessments across the Tohara Plus fund management portfolio and leading, or supporting the development of relevant thought leadership work.
Risk, Compliance and Assessments Team Management
Providing oversight and performance management to the Risk, Compliance and Assessment team members;
• Ensuring that implementation standards are maintained across engagements and will report any exceptions;
• Coaching and mentoring;
• Providing strategic direction to the team in line with business unit and firm-wide strategy and Supporting the growth and development of the team and ensure they attend relevant firm trainings as well as encourage the team to keep abreast with worldwide function specific developments.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS
The successful candidate should have:
• University degree in a relevant field;
• A relevant Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
• Professional financial qualification required e.g. ACCA, CPA (K), CFA;
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in risk management.
• In depth knowledge and experience in risk management, risk profiling, and compliance and systems reviews;
• Working knowledge of the regulations and compliance requirements of bilateral funding sources such as CDC , USAID, etc;
• Knowledge of global risk management standards such as ISO31000.
The following experience will be an added advantage:
• Experience in a development programme / donor setting;
• Knowledge of grants management (or equivalent) systems and processes; and
• Experience within internal audit.
• The appointed candidate will be an individual of stature, integrity and authority, with a successful track record of achievement and success in their career.
• The candidate should be a strategic thinker with the ability to assess, understand and communicate the impact of various risks across the organization.
The following areas of experience and capabilities will be required:
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual with the ability to communicate and influence clearly both verbally and in written form. The individual will be expected to analyze complex issues and communicate them with simplicity to stakeholders and management.
• Commercial Acumen:
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual who has the ability to view situations from a holistic commercial and business perspective; have an eye for detail and a risk aware mind-set.
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit a highly respected Individual who has the ability to build collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization.
• Manages Ambiguity:
IntraHealth International wishes to recruit an individual who can effectively operate in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment. This individual is required to be flexible and versatile.
Year 1 success factors
• Supporting in the set-up of the team; hiring of the right staff;
• Embedding best practice processes to support both short term and long term goals of the Department;
• Effectively use, risk based assessments to support internal teams and drive organizational development;
• Supporting internal teams on grant management
• Innovation: Develops new, better or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives within your role that result in improvement of IntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
• Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for IntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
• Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
• Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Offices in a constructive and collaborative manner.
• Effective Oral and Written Communication: Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
• Service Excellence : Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
Summary of Benefits:
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be submitted to the following link Tanzania Job Opportunities and locating the job titled Compliance Manager .
The closing date for receipt of applications: Until the position is filled. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
5 years: Minimum five (5) years of experience in risk management
Licenses & Certifications
ACCA-Assc Chart Cert Acct
Cert Public Accountant