Job Title: Global Category Manager - CAPEX & Major Equipment
Application Deadline: 2018-10-31
Position Overview: Drive development of category best-practices, ensure best leverage of Bunge’s global volume to maximize Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Savings and Procurement Value Contribution.
Reporting to the Global Category Director, the Global Category Manager will have a team of Category Specialists in different regions of the organization.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (619+ POSTS)
Define Sourcing Plan for the global categories
- Manage category spend baseline and category profile, incl. risk assessment, Supplier Relationship Management, and P2P strategy;
- Define global and regional category sourcing strategy annual plan, based on best practice
- Assess Bunge’s global position for relevant categories and in supply markets and provide input to region-specific go-to-market strategies;
- Create one year and three years strategic sourcing plan for the selected categories.
- Define with the Global director, the correct team assignment per category to support global and regional needs
- Ensure collaboration between regions that facilitates open communication and proactive sharing of experiences for the respective category specialists
- Strengthen category expertise
- Build up knowledge repository and support Regional demands;
- Provide support on a case-by-case basis to offset local skill gaps.
- Foster the creation of cross-functional teams to capture stakeholders and key users alignment
- Conduct Market Intelligence Reports and external benchmarks
- Provide global insights around new supplier intelligence
- Work with Global Centre of Expertise in determining long-term technology requirements to drive efficient internal buying channel execution.
- Act as major point of contact for the business to assure business requirements are met;
- Manage and optimize user compliance:
- Based on reports in the respective areas, identify issues and gaps;
- Define improvement plans: Identify potential contract opportunities, create action plans, supervise execution, and re-negotiations
- Foster the correct execution of defined buying channels
- Manage commercial supplier relationship and contracts
- Maintain and manage relationship with key strategic suppliers
- Continuously track the performance of key strategic suppliers;
- Lead key strategic supplier development activities; set up cross-functional review meetings with key strategic suppliers in order to improve performance and further reduce cost;
- Initiate and conduct key strategic supplier audits;
- Manage supplier performance by lessons learned through region and making sure that the supplier builds on those lessons learned to improve service levels in another region.
- Manage the procurement strategy implementation/sourcing execution for a set of global and/or regional categories
- Lead the entire 7-step sourcing process with Category Sourcing specialists
- Lead new supplier identification and tender strategy definition
- Identify available suppliers that can ship economically to multiple regions;
- Maintain global supplier database (service portfolio, financial KPIs, performance reviews, alternative approved suppliers);
- Manage the negotiations process
- Actively engage in high spend initiatives (aggregate demand, construct bid packages, and support sourcing through suppliers around the world);
- Ensure alignment of negotiation timing and contract durations between regions.
- Manage the team to execute the Total Cost of Ownership methodology, to make sure that Bunge will make the right decision about suppliers, based on delivered value and not the purchase price
- Validate, following Procurement rules, the influenced spend and
benefits reported by the team and provide Forecasts during the year
- Define the Category team training necessities
- Support Talent team development
- University degree, preferably in engineering, business administration, commerce or other relevant disciplines; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialized study
- A recognized certification/qualification in procurement would be considered an asset
- 15+ years in procurement or other related positions, preferably working in an international food company. In-depth knowledge of the spend area in scope, CAPEX and Major Equipment, is preferred
- Fluency in English required with a preference for additional language skills
- Strong analytical thinking (understand complex subjects, decompose into comparable components, structured evaluation and documentation)
- Procurement Processes & Strategic Sourcing Methodology
- Deep category and market knowledge.
- Supplier identification, tendering, evaluating and selection expertise, incl. usage of electronic sourcing tools
- Strong project management skill, including leading virtual teams
- Intercultural work experience, ability to manage international team from long distance
- Technical-Engineering background
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Database, Supply, Marketing, Engineering, Management, Technology, Operations