Program Manager, Financial Inclusion
We are implementing a project funded by MasterCard foundation through SatF to bridge the unbanked communities into formal banking services with a financial inclusion project approach using group banking products to penetrate to individual groups and group members.
We are seeking for a business minded, enthusiastic and fast adaptive project manager to join our team in managing a three year financial inclusion project with the purpose of:-
- End to end project management
- Project performance review from time to time and MIS reports to both internal management and donor.
- Funds expenses management
- Planning, Organizing and Monitoring of all project activities
- Coordination of all meetings, teleconferences, travels and trainings regarding the project
- Ensure timely donor reports are made and sent in expected quality and format
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (242+ POSTS
- Time to time preparation of all required reports and new to bank numbers to internal management and to the donor.
- Work with all key business stakeholders to arrange for all required project meetings, activities updates and reports to ensure full involvement of partners.
- Monitoring of day to day project activities by engaging all stakeholders and ensuring that both donor and internal management are well informed
- Coordinate and manage all project related researches from situational analysis, designs, data collection, recommendations and proper reporting.
- Ensure project monitoring and reviews to suit the project objectives, targets and identify areas of improvements if any.
- Monitor sales initiatives and trainings required to ensure all activities are in line with project plan for both head office and network in translating targets against sales plan.
- Prepare, evaluate and send funds disbursement request to donor as per donor format
- Manage all funds disbursed from donor and monitor expense to ensure all internal procedures and donor directives are observed when spending the fund.
- Collaborate with other project partners to ensure all project funds are well spent and reported to donor as per donor documentation requirements and report standards.
- Oversee the production of reports that document insights from the field and generate summaries for internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify, scrutinize and review potential interventions which will promote greater financial inclusion and seek out public and private sector partners and donors who support similar goals.
- Work as technical advisor to partners on the design and implementation of effective financial inclusion strategies.
- A comprehensive knowledge of group bank products and donor project management.
- Sound Financial analysis and project management skills
- Understanding of the retail banking segment and financial inclusion agenda
- Ability to handle complex information and derive meaning out of it
- Excellent communication and reporting skills in both Swahili and English
- Competent team player and cross functional understanding
- Presentation, Coaching and Training skills
- A good knowledge of constructing reports, executive summaries and briefs
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
- Able to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience with exposure on donor funds management and financial inclusion projects.
- Proven track record of understanding inclusive development strategies for low income communities and VSLAs
- Strong experience of working closely with development partners e.g. NGOs, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), government structures, systems and strategic points of engagement to integrate programmatic priorities in development approach
- An advanced diploma/degree in Business, Accountancy, and Economy, Finance or any other related field.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.