Programme Officer - World Wide Fund For Nature(WWF)
Overview: WWF (The World Wide Fund for Nature) is an international non-governmental organization that deals with conservation of nature through a number of environmental management programmes. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which human lives in harmony with nature. WWF-Tanzania Country Office (WWF-TCO) is seeking to hire the “Freshwater Programme Officer’’ to be based in Dar es Salaam.
Major functions: The programme Officer’s major role is to provide support in designing, planning, implementing, monitoring & evaluating and reporting the Freshwater programme activities and growth.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (58+ POSTS
Job Title: Programme Officer
Application Deadline: 2018-11-09
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Facilitate capacity building to the team and stakeholders especially on Data collection, Environmental flows, and Climate Change Adaptation.
- Participate in the development of Freshwater Programme Plan, budgets, proposals for funding and Advocacy Strategy.
- Scheduling, planning, and preparation of field visits and workshops/meetings
- Integration of other programmes like sustainable investments, CARE – WWF Alliance, Feeder Groups and partners meetings into the freshwater programmes work.
- Freshwater activities implementation, including preparation of events/meeting/workshop particularly inviting the participants and writing the meeting/workshop/event reports.
- Assist the FPC and Accountant on coordinating the funding request from the field staff and Consultants in order to implement their planned activities.
- Facilitate assessment of the capacities of organizations and plan for appropriate means to ensure a continuous strengthening of organizational capacities for delivery of the conservation programme. This includes providing relevant training such as planning & budgeting, project management & development, leadership, lobby and advocacy, monitoring and evaluation
- Conduct regular program reviews to assess the level of implementation and achievements made by the partners according to what has been planned,
- Documenting evidence-based best practices at Monthly, quarterly, mid-term and end of the projects.
- Assist on the establishment of baselines to benchmark and support the performance of the program;
A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Sciences, Environmental Science, Water Resources Management and Natural Resources Management with 3 years working Experiences; Excellent communication and facilitation skills; Excellent organizational and time management skills required to meet deadlines; Ability to work independently and as part of a team; Strong knowledge in Computer programs; Willing to travel extensively within and outside the Region;
Additional information, including detailed Terms of Reference, can be obtained via http://wwf.panda.org/who_we_are/jobs_wwf/.
How to Apply
Applications must include a Cover Letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees and should be addressed to the Fluman Resources Manager through email@example.com by Friday 09th November 2018 at 4:30 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and the interviews will take place in Dar es Salaam. WWF is an equal opportunity Organization.
APPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org