M&E/ Project Coordinator
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job Type: In-Country M&E /Project Coordinator (Tanzanian nationals only)
Estimated Start Date: November 2018 (maximum of 220 days/year from November 2018 till November 2019 with the possibility of extension)
Project: Elimu Haina Mwisho: Skills Development program for Young Women through FDCs
Background Information: Aflatoun’s core mission is to equip
children and young people with life skills and financial education to
become agents of change in their own communities, strengthening their
social cohesion and the economic development of the region. Aflatoun’s
programme has already proven great impact in improving children’s
learning, lowering dropout and creating higher attendance during pilot
projects around the world. Aflatoun’s programme empowers children in a
sustainable way and reaches, not only the enrolled pupil but also,
indirectly, the communities and region itself by improving the
socio-economic development, reducing unemployment and enlarged
participation of disadvantaged youth in society.
Aflatoun International in partnership with Karibu Tanzania Organization
(KTO) is implementing a 3 year project supported by The Maste rcard
Foundation. The project aims to transform the lives of young mothers in
Tanzania by building their capacity on life skills, entrepreneurship and
employ ability skills enabling them to take charge of their lives,
significantly contribute to supporting their household while at the same
time contribute to Tanzania’s social economic development agenda.
Targeting 2,400 direct and 7,200 indirect beneficiaries and working with
several key stakeholders in Tanzania, the project aims to achieve the
1) Out-of-school young mothers complete certified secondary level
education from Folk Development Colleges (FDCs);
2) Out-of-school young mothers transitioned to employment or
3) ZDCs are accredited by the Institute of Adult Education to provide
quality secondary education for those completing the project;
4) Project experience, learned lessons, and impact are documented and shared.
To meet these objectives, Aflatoun International is looking for a
qualified candidate *to fill the position of In-country M&E / Project Coordinator.*
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (226+ POSTS)
Required Skills or Qualifications:
Project coordination and reporting:
· Monitor implementation of work plans and work with KTO on any proposed adjustments to the work plans.
· Provide regular written and verbal status updates on the project for
the Aflatoun International Secretariat, including progress against a
detailed work plan, upcoming activities, opportunities for improved
outcomes and exposure, key decisions required, emerging risks, issues
· Support the development of quarterly project reports for MasterCard.
Monitoring & Evaluation:
· Develop a strategy to monitor FDCs participating in the program
· Provide support for KTO in monitoring program implementation
· Document and communicate challenges and lessons learned
Evaluation and learning
· Support with survey development, instrument testing, and data collection
· Support the local research consultant with logistical/content support
Communications, stakeholder management and advocacy
You will be the face of Aflatoun International in Tanzania:
· Represent Aflatoun at key stakeholder meetings.
· Act as the vice-chair at the Advisory Committee meetings.
· Document minutes of advisory committee and Executive committee proceedings.
· Build additional donor, private sector, national government and local
community recognition of Aflatoun’s programmes and young mothers’ inclusion.
· Document program success stories and secure local and international media coverage.
· Assist with identification of new potential in country and regional
donors and implementing partners to join the Aflatoun International network.
· Develop a profile of participating young mothers, tracking their
progress before and after the intervention.
· A minimum of a Master degree in international development/project management or related field.
· 3-5 years of work experience in program implementation and support
· Good analytical and communication skills
· Fluent in Swahili and English (written and spoken)
· Strong people skills & leadership skills
· Ability to network with stakeholders at different levels
· Experience with monitoring and evaluation activities (required)
· Experience with statistical analyses and reporting
· Ability to manage complex situations and independent in thought leadership
HOW TO APPLY:
For more Information:
· If you meet the requirements mentioned above and you are interested in
working on this project with us, please forward your application and
your expected fee rate to email@example.com by October 14 2018.
· If you have any specific questions about the position please contact the Project Manager Anouk Faber at firstname.lastname@example.org
· For more information about Aflatoun International, please visit our website: www.aflatoun.orgJ2