Health Safety & Environment Officer - Tanzania
Company Name: Tsebo Solutions Group
Company Location: Dar es Salaam, TZ
Job Description: As the leading integrated facilities solutions provider in Africa and the Middle East, operating in over 28 countries, with over 40 000 employees, the Tsebo Solutions Group enables businesses to optimise their efficiency and productivity, and become more successful. We take responsibility of our customers’ non-core activities outside of their expertise, empowering them to focus on their core business. Our local expertise, global standards and innovative cross-divisional solutions, such as catering, cleaning, facility management and security, give us the edge to optimise our customers non-core operations, allowing them to enjoy reduced cost, risk and complexity.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (145+ POSTS
ATSI specialises in designing, developing and servicing remote camps, including catering, cleaning, accommodation and camp management across the life-cycle of your operation.
Oversee the implementation of all Occupational, Health and Safety (OH&S), Environmental and Food Safety policies and procedures within areas under your jurisdiction as well as ensuring continuous training of all staff in OH&S, Environment and Food Safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Carry out audit using the prescribed audit checklist at least once a week for F&B, laundry and accommodation and at least once every fortnight for maintenance operations
Follow up on corrective/preventive action from both company and client audits/inspection and ensure they are closed out
– Ensure HSE filing system in place at all locations within your jurisdiction and that all paper work are updated promptly
Give suggestion to project management on ways of improving HSE and document these suggestion for future reference
– Must follow up on corrective/preventive action to ensure they are addressed.
Carry out audit of suppliers using the prescribed checklist of both existing and prospective suppliers, send report to HSE manager for review and approval
– Ensure that audits are carried out on all ATS vehicles both company and hired as prescribed by the vehicles regulations and any other relevant requirement using the prescribed form.
– Keep an up to date register of all vehicles in your projects
– Attend all daily, weekly or monthly management meetings at your location
Skills and Competencies
• Creative, self motivated, proactive and confident
• Creative and able to be innovative
• Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff
• Knowledge in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety and Food safety
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
ATSI is committed to employing local applicants in our Operations. Preference will be given to local Tanzanian candidates and we encourage suitable local Tanzanians to apply.
Minimum a Degree or certificate in Health, Safety and Environment or equivalent
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in manufacturing or FMCG industry
Our genuine love for our continent with its diversity of traditions, cultures, geographies and religions means we understand how to provide authentic & sustainable community upliftment, skills transfer, job creation and local procurement that makes a real impact on people’s lives.
Our operational delivery standards by industry and expertise in health and safety, financial management operational procedures, business transparency, tax and regulatory compliance, labour management, ethics and governance, skills building and use of technology delivers according to global best practice.