Team Leader – EU Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity, IDAS
KPMG’s International Development Advisory Services (IDAS) team is
looking to recruit a Team Leader for the upcoming EU Agri-Connect:
Supporting value chains for shared prosperity – Technical Assistance to
improve sector enablers and the business environment for tea, coffee and
horticulture in Tanzania, which we will be submitting a proposal for.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (217+ POSTS
KPMG is a leading provider of professional services, which include
Audit, Tax and Advisory. KPMG’s International Development Advisory
Services (IDAS) team employs full-time experienced development experts
across Africa and on globally run programmes worldwide. IDAS is a
respected programme and fund manager with extensive experience in
building development partnerships between private and public entities,
cooperatives and local community organizations; mentoring and developing
supportive networks between businesses in Tanzania and the region. We
work effectively with a wide range of clients, from global organisations
to entrepreneurial start-ups within Tanzania and across Africa. KPMG
has a global reach, and a depth and breadth of knowledge and
relationships in Tanzania, which is aligned with our clients’ needs and
expectations. We operate smoothly across borders, we think ahead of the
curve, we provide deep expertise and we add value in a way that speaks
directly to the priorities of our
We are seeking a dynamic individual with broad based knowledge of
agriculture value chains to provide oversight over the implementation
and day to day management of the EU Agri-Connect programme as a Team
Leader. The role is likely to be based at KPMG offices in Dar es Salaam,
Tanzania with regular travel within the country.
This is a full-time, fixed term appointment tied to the Agri-connect
Programme, which is expected to have a duration of at least 3-4 years.
We are looking for international or locally based candidates that are
able to take on a full-time role.
The Team Leader will provide overall oversight, ensure quality assurance
and enable coordination, and take the overall responsibility for
delivery of programme outputs by the team.
– Lead and oversee all aspects of Programme Implementation including
overall management of the Programme, finances and operational
– Oversee the design and planning of initiatives within the programme
including monitoring and evaluation and knowledge sharing.
– Accountable for the achievement of results, ensuring quality of
services are maintained at the highest standard, and that all project
objectives and deliverables are met.
– Set the strategic direction of the programme
– Act as a liaison with government agencies and local/national partners
– Manage key stakeholder relationships, e.g. the Donor, Consortium Partners, high-level stakeholders, etc.
– Maintain open door policy to all programme staff at all times. Build
and maintain consensus amongst the team. Supervise directly the senior
members of the Agri-Connect team
– Provide Quality Assurance (QA) of project reports in accordance with
donor requirements and KPMG’s professional reporting standards
Qualifications and experience
– Minimum 10 years of experience in senior positions, managing and
leading agriculture/value chains programmes, preferably in the East
– Minimum 15 years’ experience in the agriculture sector, with a focus
on value chains. Specific experience working in the coffee, tea, or
horticulture sectors is a plus.
– Graduate/Masters qualification in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, or a related subject.
– Demonstrated experience in managing donor-funded aid investments and
programs in Tanzania, preferably those funded by the European Union.
– Understanding of the rural political and agricultural economy of Tanzania will be an added advantage
– Strong Project Management, Capacity building and Team Management
skills. Maintain strong relationships with (senior) government officials
as well as policy makers and industry leaders, both in EU, and
– Ability to prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment
– Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic and tact to effectively
communicate with senior level officials, multiple stakeholders and
professionals from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds; and
– Strong professional oral communication, writing and analytical skills,
including development of reports, learnings and oral presentations.
Proficiency in Swahili is a plus.
– Willingness to travel regularly within the region and to other KPMG offices in the region
– Internally, the Team Leader will work with KPMG Programme Manager
including Consortium Partners and; Externally, with the institutional
local partners, Local Government Authorities, Other KPMG offices, and
Individual consultants/experts that may be engaged for the Agri-Connect
The EUR 100 million “**Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared
prosperity”** programme will contribute to inclusive economic growth,
promote private sector development and job creation in the agricultural
sector and to increase food and nutrition security in Tanzania. This
will be achieved in four result areas:
1 Improvement of sector enablers and business environment;
2 Support to the tea, coffee and horticulture value chains;
3 Improvement of selected rural roads;
4 Raising awareness of good nutritional practices
The Technical Assistance services requested will support the
implementation of the first component (Improving sector enablers and the
business environment for tea, coffee and horticulture in Tanzania) and
coordinate the overall programme. Specifically, KPMG is expected to
provide services to institutional partners and value chain actors
i) Improved policy, legislative and regulatory framework governing the target value chains;
ii) Increased trade promotion services;
iii) Improved sector governance, coordination and dialogue mechanisms across institutions and other actors; and
iv) Increased capacity of District Authorities to tackle malnutrition and foster growth of target value chains.
Furthermore, KPMG would support existing ministerial sectoral coordination units to
i) Ensure coordination and coherence of the different components under Agri-Connect;
ii) Act as a secretariat of the steering committee;
iii) Establish an action level M&E system and draft reporting
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward your application letter and CV giving details of your
qualifications and experience quoting IDAS EU Agri-Connect to email@example.com. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is hired.J2