Safety Officer Jobs
Company Profile: Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited (ZCL) is a muiti-million-doliar international logistics Company operating a regional and global business. The Company recently changed its name to reflect the organization’s new mandate and new vision as per recently approved Strategic Plan for the next five years .i.e. 2016 to 2021,
The Company was established in April 2001. ZCL is a wholly owned state enterprise of the Government of the Republic of Zambia, supervised by the Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) based in Lusaka. The Company’s current corporate Head Office and its main operations centre, Mukuba Depot, is located in Kurasini area, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania next to the Dockyard. ZCL recently incorporated a company in Zambia and current office is based in Ndola.
Hitherto, the Company has been handling mainly mineral cargo, especially copper, but over the years the Company has diversified its revenue base to include agricultural related cargo and other general cargo. For a more comprehensive view of the Company, kindly visit the Zambia Cargo & Logistics website at www.zamcargo.co.tz.
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (397+ POSTS)
To be responsible for monitoring workplace activities to ensure that all employees, visitors and service providers to the Company comply with the Company policies and Tanzanian authorities’ safety regulations. To be responsible for playing a leading role in the policy development, safety inspections, safety training and compliance with the United Republic of Tanzania Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) ACT and other relevant rules and regulations as required by the port authorities and other relevant authorities.
- To develop and implement safety policies with a view to reduce accidents related costs and prevent losses due to decline of productivity.
- To carry out thorough inspection in all work areas to determine if there any safety hazards and provide appropriate solutions to avert such hazards.
- To observe workers on duty to ensure that they are wearing required personal protective equipment and following company policies and Government regulations
- To conduct investigations on incidents, injuries and hazards to determine the cause of accidents and develop injury and incident prevention strategies in respective work areas.
- To provide advice, information and instructions to workers on occupational safety and health procedures,
- To audit the work areas occupational health compliance with regard to risk, emergency and hazardous waste management.
- To identify training needs, develop appropriate training program and deliver training to employees.
- To ensure cleanliness of the depot is maintained all the time as required by the existing safety and health laws.
- To ensure first aid kits are stocked with medicines all the time.
- To provide first aid treatment to injured employees during working hours.
- To ensure the company complies with regulations published by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and follows all record keeping requirements.
- To ensure that injury log is in place for inspection by Labour Officers and OSHA officers any time during working
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports of all injuries that resulted in lost work time and submit to the Head of Operations for remedial action.
- Facilitate the formation of committee on health and safety issues at places of work consistent with best practice.
- The Safety Officer will correct unsafe acts or conditions through the regular line of authority, although the Safety Officer may exercise emergency authority to prevent or stop unsafe acts when immediate action is required.
- To prepare on a monthly basis a Risk Management report.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Human Resources Manager.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the Kiswahili language is a definite advantage
- High ethical standards and diplomacy
- An innovative individual
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment is essential
- Must possess a Diploma in the relevant field from a recognized training institution.
- Must have complete knowledge of providing industrial First Aid services.
- Must be computer literate and fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Demonstrate leadership and vision of managing different staff groups within the Company.
- Self motivated with high level of confidentiality.
Practical work experience of at least four (4) years in a reputable medium sized Company.
Strong understanding knowledge of government industrial rules, regulations and procedures.
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: Human Resources Department,
Zambia Cargo & Logistics Limited P.O. Box 105638,
DAR ES SALAAM.
And/or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date of application is Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 at 17:00 hrs. Phone inquiries on this matter to the Company and any applications received after this stated deadline will not be entertained.J2