Communications Officer JobsA
The Private Agricultural Sector Support Trust (PASS) was established as a project in year 2000 in order to stimulate investments and growth in private sector commercial agriculture through access to finance in Tanzania. In 2007, it was registered as an autonomous non-profit organization under the Trustees’ Incorporation Act of Tanzania, founded by Government of Denmark and Government of Tanzania.
PASS provides business development and financial services to small and medium agribusiness entrepreneurs through linkages to financial institutions. PASS aims to become a leader in the provision of financial and business development services in the agricultural sector in Tanzania and has to date established an impressive track record of success. PASS is headquartered in Dar es Salaam and has zonal offices in Mbeya, Morogoro, Arusha, Mtwara, Kigoma and Mwanza. For more information please visit www.pass. or.tz.
PASS is looking to recruit highly motivated and dynamic individuals to join the Team in the following vacant positions based in Dar es Salaam:
The Communications Officer reports to the Managing Director and is the champion and driver of communications within PASS Trust. S/hehas overall responsibility for: developing a communication strategy and plan that are aligned with the wider organizational aims; providing technical and advisory support to the team on communication issues;managing PASS’ relations with the media, other stakeholders and eventmanagement;developing, publishing and distributing printed and electronic material, developing and overseeing the PASS website, generating content for social media channels as well as effectively managing staff, consultants and suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and position PASS Trust as a leading think- tank for facilitating access to financial and business development services for agribusiness entrepreneurs in Tanzania.
- In collaboration with the PASS Thematic Heads, develop, monitor and track the results of communication strategies for the different thematic areas.
- Contribute to and support the Managing Director, Chief Operations Officer and the Management Team with the development and implementation of the broader organizational strategies and business plan.
- Coordinate internal communications ensuring important information is shared effectively across the organisation. Devise innovative approaches to stimulate discussion, share knowledge and learnings about PASS projects and promote cross-thematic collaboration.
- Develop and manage relations with stakeholders through activities designed to support the goals and objectives of the different thematic areas and the overall strategic direction of PASS.
- Manage the PASS website and social media channels ensuring the appearance is visually appealing, the content is relevant, up-to-date and user friendly. Monitor visitor traffic and propose ways of boosting engagement with online target audience.
- Research, write and distribute press releases and briefings to targeted media.
- Monitor news media, share important highlights and mentions of PASS’S work and thematic trends and identify opportunities for PASS to engage with media practitioners and to share internally generated content with wider audience.
- Manage media relations effectively and ensure that activities that PASS engages in receive positive publicity in the media.
- Coordinate matters related to protocol and public relations.
- Respond to general queries for information.
- Oversee and manage the production and dissemination of PASS publications including quarterly newsletter, public annual report, reviews, insights and updates and other project driven outputs.
- Coordinate and deliver effective events in collaboration with colleagues e.g. seminars/colloquia on research topics, launches of new projects/initiatives and research reports, professional education, media briefings and stakeholder consultations.
- Conduct regular situation analysis and perception surveys of PASS audiences to establish the knowledge, attitudes and practices of target recipients of PASS’ regular communications.
- Promote positive community relations through events such as open days and involvement of PASS in community initiatives.
- Prepare and manage the communications budget.
- Maintain documentary records in soft and hard copies including books, pamphlets, pictures, videos and other related data.
02-Human Resource and Administration Manager
The Human Resource and Administration Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA). S/he provides HR leadership and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of human capital ensuring the effective and consistent delivery of human resources services in accordance with the labour laws and PASS policies and procedures. The HR and Administration manager plays a key role in managing change and ensuring the achievement of PASS’S strategic goals through effective people management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Human resources planning and strategy development to achieve short-term and long-term organizational goals.
- Manage the recruitment process ensuring competent and qualified individuals are hired and successfully on-boarded.
- Prepare and manage employee contracts ensuring prompt renewals/extensions and terminations in liaison with the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Carry out regular reviews of the PASS total reward practices to ensure alignment with organizational strategic goals in order to attract, retain and strengthen engagement and satisfaction levels.
- Develop and recommend compensation policies, procedures and practices for maintaining external competitiveness and internal equity. Participate in salary and benefits surveys and stay abreast of market trends.
- Develop and implement overall benefit programmes including pension, health insurance and other benefits entitlements and welfare programmes.
- Assist with preparation of the payroll by providing relevant data and ensuring all statutory and non- statutory payments and deductions are accurately made and payroll returns are submitted timely.
- Develop, implement and administer a performance evaluation process ensuring the evaluation methodology is interpreted correctly and applied consistently. Monitor the implementation of a performance improvement process for nonperforming employees.
- Investigate complaints, guide and advise management and employees on employee relations issues such as policy interpretation, progressive discipline, disciplinary action, performance management and conflict resolution and complaints handling.
- Work with heads of department to identify and map talent, prepare resource plans and establish individual development and succession plans for their teams.
- Assess and prioritise learning needs, prepare and monitor the implementation of a learning and development plan to address identified organizational and people priorities, and to support the overall leadership and learning strategies.
- Support and manage the annual HR budget and forecast preparation and the year-end compensation processes of salary review.
- Interpret, communicate and support the correct implementation of HR policies, proceduresand standards to ensure consistency and fairness.
- Assist to formulate, review, align and implement HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Serve as a resource and advisor, provide legally compliant and relevant advice, support and guidance in line with best practice and PASS processes on all employee related issues.
- Assist in building a strong employer brand and driving the PASS values in the organisation.
- Monitor the workplace culture and trends and provide feedback to Management, as appropriate.
- Drive HR related projects/initiatives and make suggestions for improvement.
- Establish strong, collaborative, working relationships with stakeholders and partner closely with external HR service providers and suppliers.
- Timely preparation and submission of all required reports
- Maintain up to date HR database and records.
- Perform general office administrative functions as assigned by Director of Finance and
- Supervise administration staff.
- Recommend, establish and maintain procurement policies, supplier selection procedures and database of suppliers.
- Coordinate tendering procedure, procurement negotiations, processing and storage of goods and services received.
- Ensure security is maintained at all PASS premises.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety laws and guidelines.
- Safe custody, managementand disposal of assets and ordinary and controlled stocks.
- Coordinate the timely maintenance, servicing and repair of office machines and equipment and provision of water and fumigation services.
- Supervise the performance of service providers.
- Ensure insurance policies are current and renewed on time.
- Oversee the Central Registry and ensure safe custody, maintenance and storage of files, documents and other records.
- Administer pool vehicles, oversee vehicle repairs and maintenance and fuel purchase.
- Timely preparation and submission of all required reports
- Drive and participate in and administration related projects/initiatives and make suggestions for improvement.
03-Chief Operations Officer
The Chief Operations Officer reports directly to the Managing Director and is responsible for leading and overseeing all aspects of the operations strategy of PASS to meet organizational goals and aims while ensuring compliance and alignment with regulations. S/he supervises the Director of Agribusiness Innovation Centre and Director of Business Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily activities to ensure operational integrity and established service levels are maintained: work closely with the Managing Director to set the strategic direction and the administration team to provide appropriate support and momentum.
- Establish collaborative cross-functional working relationships at all levels of the organisation and strategically partner with the leadership team to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Develop operational strategy, plans and procedures to support growth of PASS.
- Oversee the implementation of the PASS results- based management framework, monitor key performance indicators and targets analysing performance achieved against set targets and recommend corrective action as appropriate.
- Empower the operational team with the leadership and resources needed to successfully complete operations initiatives.
- Develop, administer and continually review the operational and administrative policies, systems and standards used in the operations functions.
- Oversee the development of the operational budget and metrics and track performance against budget performance.
- Drive change and continuous improvement initiatives within PASS.
- Monitor quality and level of PASS services to ensure standards are met; work collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that improve the overall efficiency and ensure excellent service delivery.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements defined/ established by Government regulators and oversight bodies and development partners.
- Measure and report on operational performance and develop plans to improve relevant key performance indicators.
- Ensure human resource capacity and appropriate management structures and policies are developedand employees are held accountable for delivering outcomes.
- Provide direct line management to Director of Agribusiness Innovation Centre and Director of Business Development ensuring deliverables for the respective departments are met as per the annual plans.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of direct reports and, with support of the HR and Administration Manager manage team members’ professional development plans.
- Develop and coach team members to meet established performance goals and objectives.
- Represent PASS externally with government, statutory/regulatory bodies and development partners.
- Timely problem and disputes resolution.
- Ensure safety of operations and employees; protect employee and employer interests
THE LIST OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES ADVERTISED TODAY (423+ POSTS)
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years proven relevant work experience, 3 of which are in customer or public relations with experience in communications strategy development.
- Computer application skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Kiswahili and English.
- Knowledge of the digital media/online landscape.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Organization skills.
Tanzanian nationals are invited to apply for any position by sending a cover letter quoting the respective position title, a detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees to the below address by 15th October 2018. E-mail applications should indicate the position title in the e-mail subject line. Note that any incomplete application will be disqualified. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Managing Director
PASS Trust, Patel Building, 3rd Floor,
Kisutu Street, P.O. Box 9490,
Dar es Salaam. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgJ2