Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic Plan (2017/2018-2020-20211.0 line with this expansion, the Company is also making some reforms in its structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate the needs of its rapid expansion. Therefore, applications are invited horn qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions in its Commercial and Business Development Department.
1.0 POSITION: IN-CHARGE DAR ES SALAAM SALES (1 POST)
1.1 MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
The candidate must possess the Bachelor Degree In Business Administration of equivalent qualification, good knowledge of local travel markets and at least five (S) years of relevant working experience in airline, sales and marketing.
THE LIST OF NEW OPPORTUNITIES (273+ POSTS
1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Generally the duties shall be to provide In-Charge Sales Services to the Company and specifically performing the following responsibilities:-
• Develop, execute and drive the Passenger Sales plan guaranteeing exposure of Air Tanzania, product facilitating delivery of the company, Sales targets and business objectives in the assigned territory.
• Analysis of business environment to facilitate timely response to developing market trends to maximize on opportunities that arise and minimize adverse impact on company sales. • Monitor competitor activities, evaluate recommend competitive strategy and pricing levels to deliver expected yield, margin and revenue targets
• Ensure that all travel agents and corporate are prioritized, regularly visited and professionally handled by the sales team to increase revenue and gain market share.
• Provide input and participate in the identification and progress of new business opportunities for revenue growth (through Agents Incentives/ Corporate agreements /partnerships/ Major Events & Conference Organizers etc). • Resolve operational and reservations issues from travel agents related product or disruptions or customer complaints
• Participate in Air Tanzania, passenger revenue budget process for the assigned territory.
• Assess and propose appropriate incentive schemes to Travel Agents, Tour Operators, Corporate travel, and Government Institutions so as to enhance productivity, efficiency and maximization of revenue.
• To prepare weekly, monthly and annual sales reports and constant monitoring of market trends
• Develop and monitor expenditure budget/actual and control costs.
• Develop customer profile database and records
1.3 PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Sell Air Tanzania products and network to achieve the set sales objectives and targets within the assigned territory.
• Achieve and exceed agreed market share, passenger and revenue targets.
• Visible revenue/ passenger number growth
• Incentive schemes for Travel Agent, Govt. and Corporate travel.
• Effective control of expenditure budget. • High efficiency standards through quality of customer relationship
• Motivated, knowledgeable and ',witched° on professional Sales Team
• Timely appraisals
• Well-kept and Managed Customer profile records understood by all team members
• Visibility and good Impression of the company, brand
1.4 KEY ATTRIBUTES:
• High level of integrity, Customer focused and good PR
• Decisive and confident and result oriented
• Good negotiator, presenter and articulate communicator
• Revenue and cost conscious
• Must be well groomed and highly sociable
• Excellent computer and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical, visionary Planning and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of airline business processes is an added advantage.
All above positions carries an attractive remuneration package and other benefits as per ATCL Incentive Scheme.
3.0 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Three years contract (renewable) upon successful performance.
4.0 MODE OF APPLICATION FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the applications attached with the following:
i. A curriculum vitae (CV);
ii. Certified copies of all certificates (including Secondary School), other relevant certificates. (Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examinations Council- (NECTA))
iii. Two recent passport size photographs; iv. Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
v. Applicant, reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
5.0 CLOSING DATES:
Application letters should reach the undersigned within 14 days from the first date of this announcement:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
AIR TANZANIA COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
DAILY NEWS MONDAY OCTOBER 22, 2018.