Security Coordinator (Single Gold Mine)
Job Introduction: The main purpose of the job is to work with a team of other coordinators to provide security for a large scale, complex, medium risk gold mine with integral gold room
- Command, Control & Communications in respect of the security services provided by G4S
- Manage manned guarding through the manned guarding service manager
- Supervise Control Room / Gold Room Security and Bullion Shipments
- Supervise Access Control
- Loss Prevention
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and G4S Group Minimum Standards
- Implementing & maintaining appropriate systems, processes and procedures that ensure effective and efficient delivery of services to the customers.
- Managing operational and contingent risks. Implementing appropriate Security Systems in Gold Room and Control Room and ensuring proper working processes.
- Monitoring and controlling service delivery costs to optimize profitability.
- Ensuring that services rendered are billed accurately and promptly and managing effective cash flow.
- Analyzing, maintaining and providing accurate financial information.
- Managing, motivating and developing security staff assigned to the mine and achieve agreed results.
THE LIST OF ADVERTISED OPPORTUNITIES TODAY (457+ POSTS)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Formal qualification in security such as CPP, or University degree or Diploma in security studies – Alternatively can be substituted by Military Officer training or Police Service command training
- Appropriate experience in supervising or managing security on a mine or other remote site with a large manned security contingent
- Knowledge of secure logistics is desirable
- Ability to develop and execute plans effectively
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Able to negotiate and interact at a Senior level.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical abilities.
- Result Oriented.
- Assertive and resilient team player with the ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment and meet strict deadlines.
- The ability to maintain regular contacts with customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Knowledge of remote site security
- Leading people
- Managing professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
Awareness of the market environment
Project Manager( Cement Factory ) - G4S Tanzania
To ensure the smooth running of daily operations within the designated area of business; in such a manner as to ensure the continuous provision of a professional security service that meets the requirements of the relevant customers.
Functions of the Position:
- Manage the smooth day-to-day running of the relevant sites/contracts to ensure profitability.
- Posting Sheets to be signed off daily. Ensure security officers are posted on sites according to the customer agreements/contracts.
- Measurement of Customer Service Standards to be complete on a monthly basis by the Contract Manager
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Site Inventory is used during any formal handing & taking over shifts on all sites.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that site inspections are done on every site for all staff to ensure all are briefed, correctly dressed/equipped and ready for the shift.
- Ensure that pay queries are attended to and that correct the payments to security officers.
- Ensure that the duty rosters are prepared in time and delivered to the Security Officers on site
- Authorize the necessary time sheets on a monthly basis
- Analyse the Easy Roster system to allocate manpower, over and under postings and rectify any anomalies
- Formal Customer Meetings to be held on a monthly basis or as per written agreement.
- Minutes of the Meetings to be forwarded to the customer within 7 days.
- Ensure that Site Seniors are included in the meeting and that the relevant discussions at the meetings are translated to all the Security Officers.
- Customer complaints to be resolved within 2 working days.
- Ensure that a formal Customer Service Assessment are completed monthly by the customer (or Preference Letter on file should the Customer not want to complete Monthly Assessment)
- Ensure that site visits are conducted according to a pre-determined visit plan.
Ensure Post Descriptions, emergency plans, registers and files are in place according to Customer and Company requirements.
- Ensure Post Descriptions and emergency plans are adhered to by the Security Officers and Supervisors.
- Post Descriptions must be reviewed annually.
- Post Descriptions must be approved by the customer annually.
- Ensure that the correct registers and files are placed on site and maintained.
Ensure that all Security Officers are inducted and properly trained to meet the requirements of the position/ post.
- New employee on a new site must be tested within 2 weeks to confirm they are familiar with all procedures.
- Determine training needs and where necessary recommend training to be conducted to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that monthly Site Knowledge Tests are written by all Security Officers on site.
- Ensure that other on-site training is conducted as necessary to meet customer requirements.
Audits and Assessments
- Ensure that quality audits are conducted in accordance to the audit plan.
- Ensure that Health and Safety Risk Assessments are conducted in accordance to the Company Policy.
- Ensure that all the Security Officers on site are aware important/problematic physical risk factors
- Complete documentation regarding audits and risk assessments as required.
Ensure all Company assets are accounted for, properly handled safeguarded and maintained.
- Ensure that monthly equipment checks/ audits are conducted to ensure it is in good working order.
- Monthly reports to be forwarded to the relevant logistics/ Operation Clerk.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected during hand over/ Take over (includes complete vehicle inspection)
- Ensure that all defects are repaired immediately.
- The Contract Manager is responsible and must ensure strict discipline on his sites.
- The Conducting of disciplinary hearings, appeals and grievances according to the Company Disciplinary Code may be required from a Contract Manager.
Monthly and Weekly reports
- The Contract Manager must ensure that the Monthly and Weekly reports are completed and forwarded to the respective managers as required.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that all sites comply and implement the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Distribute weekly Tool Box talks to all sites.
- Ensure that Health and Safety of all employees remain a priority.
- The Contract Manager must ensure that all incidents are reported and properly investigated.
- The Contract Manager will be required to follow-up on invoices and statements to ensure customers pay the appropriate amount on time.
Background within the manned security sector
7-8 years expreience within a leadership role
Have experience working within the high rsik sites
SSO / PFSO
TO APPLY CLICK HERE J2