Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Tanzania (Baylor-Tanzania) is a non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to supporting the provision of high- quality, comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment to HIV- exposed and -infected children and adolescents in the Lake and Southern Highlands Zones of Tanzania through service delivery, training and research. Baylor-Tanzania is affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) Clinical Centres of Excellence Network, which is headquartered at Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA. Baylor-Tanzania is funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID),and works to support the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children in improving provision of services for children, adolescents infected with HIV and their families.
THE LIST OF ADVERTISED OPPORTUNITIES TODAY (589+ POSTS)
Baylor-Tanzania is looking for highly motivated, well-qualified individual/s to join its growing program team under”USAID – Mtoto Bomba Programme”roject. Baylor-Tanzania is hereby invites applications from suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill the following position/s below:
Post: Technical Director
Reports to: Executive Director/Chief of Party
The Technical Director will work in close collaboration with the Executive Director/Chief of Party and technical staff of the programme to provide strategic input to the programme. In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, s/he will monitor programme results and be responsible for the quality and accuracy of technical interventions and results.
- Spearheading the program strategy development and implementation
- Ensure optimal resources management in the program
- Work closely with the Chief of Party on setting project priorities and directions
- Provides technical guidance for Comprehensive Pediatric Testing, Care and Treatment programs by updating implementing partners on technical advances and lessons learned around the world.
- Collaborates with other team ' members to ensure national and international standards, guidelines and protocols are adhered to.
- Organize regular technical updates/review meetings for Comprehensive Pediatric Testing, Care and Treatment to program staff.
- Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director(MELD) staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to Comprehensive Pediatric Testing, Care and Treatment to inform adjustments in project implementation
- Review project data regularly, in collaboration with MELD and other technical staff, and make adjustments to project directions as needed
- Provides continuous guidance and improvement of the quality of the care and treatment by regular application of quality improvement and Site improvement and Monitoring Systems approaches.
- Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of program activities, in accordance with international evidence and standards
- Develop and scale up change packages that address the gaps and challenges to ensure continuum of care and response in attaining the 90-90-90 targets in scale up districts.
- Provides technical guidance during the development of program annual work plan and participates in the planning and budgeting activities.
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of project activities and results to the program and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
- Actively participate in relevant technical advisory/working groups, and represent Baylor – Tanzania in professional forums by participating and presenting in pertinent meetings and conferences
- Collaborate with all local stakeholders and implementing partners, especially the Ministries of Health and other US and international implementing partners, to ensure that all activities conform to the requirements and regulations
- Supervise technical staff
- All other duties as assigned by a supervisor
- Ability to work as a highly cooperative member of a team of the Foundation department directors in the integration and coordination of clinical and medical services of the Baylor College of Medicine Clinical Centre of Excellence-Tanzania
- Ability to supervise employees with mature judgment, tact, and diplomacy, ensuring that Foundation policies and procedures are consistently complied with at all times
- Ability to establish and maintain written policies and procedures regarding program operations and services
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation, and ability to motivate wide range of people. Sensitivity to issues of cultural diversity
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional evenings, and weekends, as needed.
- Ability and flexibility to travel as needed, including international travel & overnight stays
- Ability to anticipate needed changes in program operations and lead the planning process for implementation of needed changes
- Ability to create, monitor, and forecast program and organizational operating budgets
- Excellent verbal interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with local and regional medical providers, public/private institutions, and community-based organizations/non-government organizations
- Ability to lead by example utilizing the highest ethical, moral, objective and professional standards of Baylor College of Medicine Children’s-Tanzania.
The Technical Director will have the following minimum qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in public health, social sciences,international development, or a related field
- Five years senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of programs of similar size, complexity, and setting
- Ten years senior level experience in health programming and service delivery in Pediatrics and adolescent care,HIV/AIDS, TB and RCH
- Knowledge of USG Health initiatives and related reporting requirements and funding parameters
- Exceptional English written and oral communication skills
To apply send your detailed resume together with a cover letter and outlining your experience and interest in the vacancy to the following email addresses:
The Execuive Director
Baylor College of Medicine
Children’s Foundation -Tanzania
P. O. Box 5208
Deadline for application is 23rd October 2018J2