Manager: Data Centre and Network Facility Operations
• Provide operations and maintenance leadership through controlling,
managing, auditing, supporting daily Data Centre operations and Network
facilities activities that ensure achievement of highest possible KPI
targets, operational excellence as well as efficiency in network
operations processes and cost.
• Responsible for acquisition, management and maintenance of Network
facilities and physical/civil infrastructure including but not limited
to Data centers and BTS sites
THE LIST OF ADVERTISED OPPORTUNITIES TODAY (440+ POSTS)
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Services Contract Governance: Control and operational
management of the partners to deliver optimal end-to-end network
availability and KPI target; including PM audits ATP’s, and quality of
workmanship on all operational sites.
• Data Centre layout and Environment: Drive end-to-end process
and governance to ensure there is structured Data Centre layout,
cabling, and equipment positioning, implementation of heat and smoke
detection and fire suppression to fully achieve efficiencies and
compliance to Vodacom standards.
• Cooling and Power: Drive end-to-end operations of critical systems to
the Data Centre such as HVAC, UPS and Generators to fully achieve
Vodacom standards and other required regulations in the country.
• Capacity Management: Drive end-to-end processes and procedures to manage Network infrastructure capacities and capabilities.
• Property Management: Plan and execute maintenance of Network
civil infrastructure and physical property, including management of
leases, contracts and statutory/ regulatory compliance. Management of
site acquisition agents to ensure timely acquisition and preparations of
lease agreements for site rollout.
• BCM/DRP: Ensure operational alignment and adherence to the company BCM/DRP policy and strategy.
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• University degree in Telecommunications/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience in Telecommunications Operations management
• 3+ years’ in operation support, installations and commissioning
• Proven experience of working with multiple suppliers/vendors/ partners
• Advanced knowledge of mobile telecommunications network architecture/technologies
• Sound understanding of project management
• Knowledge of Data Centre management will be an advantage
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Problem analysis and resolution
• Planning and organizing
• Partner Governance
• SLA Management
• Incident Management
• Process Management
• Risk management
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : 13-Oct-18, 11:59:00 PM
TO APPLY CLICK HERE J2